More XP/Vista Network Problems

WCGal

More XP/Vista Network Problems

Let me preface by saying
I have read several of the similar subject threads, utilized some of the
advice and solved part of my challenges. However some still remain.

Network Info:
XP Desktop connected to Linksys Router with Cable Modem.
Vista Laptop Wifi to Router/Printer & XP Desktop
HP Wireless Printer

XP Desktop Issues:
Systray Icon for Printer shows "disconnected" although shows 'ready'
in printers folder.
View Network Connections show only LAN + 1394 Connection, -- no
Laptop, no Printer.
This 'puter running Norton Inet Security with firewall. I have zero
idea how to configure it to allow file and print sharing. There is no
such simple words contained that I can find.
Notes:
1) Per other instructions, I did download and install the LC . .
whatever which did let my Desktop show up on Vista but seems to have
done nothing for the network challenges on the XP.
2) Prior to the D/L of the LC . . . noted above, the printer _did_
print from the desktop even though the 'disconnected' thingy was in the
systray. It doesn't print now???

Vista Laptop Issues:
Both XP, Vista & Router show up on the Network Map but not the
printer? Regardless of this, Vista sends/prints to the printer fine.
Why doesn't the printer show up?
Systray Icon says LAN disconnected. Well of course but why is this
showing up and how do I make it go away?
Wireless Lan says working fine.
Notes:
1) Vista Laptop running Avira AntiV not Norton. Would that cause
problems?

::*Thanks for any help you can give. Going a bit bonkers trying to
figure what the **** is up with all this. :-)*::

--
WCGal
WCGal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wcgal.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mick Murphy

RE: More XP/Vista Network Problems
Posting again after an hour is not appreciated here.
Free help is given here.
If you don't like it, pay MS $59 an hour!
Don't be impatient.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"WCGal" wrote:

> Let me preface by saying
> I have read several of the similar subject threads, utilized some of the
> advice and solved part of my challenges. However some still remain.
>
> Network Info:
> XP Desktop connected to Linksys Router with Cable Modem.
> Vista Laptop Wifi to Router/Printer & XP Desktop
> HP Wireless Printer
>
> XP Desktop Issues:
> Systray Icon for Printer shows "disconnected" although shows 'ready'
> in printers folder.
> View Network Connections show only LAN + 1394 Connection, -- no
> Laptop, no Printer.
> This 'puter running Norton Inet Security with firewall. I have zero
> idea how to configure it to allow file and print sharing. There is no
> such simple words contained that I can find.
> Notes:
> 1) Per other instructions, I did download and install the LC . .
> whatever which did let my Desktop show up on Vista but seems to have
> done nothing for the network challenges on the XP.
> 2) Prior to the D/L of the LC . . . noted above, the printer _did_
> print from the desktop even though the 'disconnected' thingy was in the
> systray. It doesn't print now???
>
> Vista Laptop Issues:
> Both XP, Vista & Router show up on the Network Map but not the
> printer? Regardless of this, Vista sends/prints to the printer fine.
> Why doesn't the printer show up?
> Systray Icon says LAN disconnected. Well of course but why is this
> showing up and how do I make it go away?
> Wireless Lan says working fine.
> Notes:
> 1) Vista Laptop running Avira AntiV not Norton. Would that cause
> problems?
>
> ::*Thanks for any help you can give. Going a bit bonkers trying to
> figure what the **** is up with all this. :-)*::
>

> --
> WCGal
> WCGal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wcgal.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1021693.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

WCGal

Re: More XP/Vista Network Problems

The double post was accidental, not intentional Mr. Murphy. I kept
getting system errors when I posted so I'd go out, back in and try
again. My post had not showed up so I redid it. When subsequently I
realized it had posted twice, I tried to edit one apologizing for the
double. I could not seem to do that either.

Folks on this board seem to be excessively snarky and bad tempered. I
think I'll try somewhere else with a slightly *warmer* environment.

Thanks,

--
WCGal
WCGal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wcgal.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1021693.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mick Murphy

Re: More XP/Vista Network Problems
You can go anywhere you like, I couldn't care less.
You posted it exactly 1 hour and 1 minute later.
It was on purpose by you.

And you could have apologised, the same way that you have posted saying that
you are leaving!
You are just a liar!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia