Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook

cookie666

Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook

Hi

I am running an XP Home SP3 with a Dell A940 printer connected via USB.

I have a Dell Laptop running Vista Home Premium that can see the
network but when I try to add a printer I get the message "Windows
cannot connect to the printer, Operation Could not be completed
0x0000000d"

I am also running Norton 2008 Internet security on both machines.

In the past I have been able to print from both but somethings changed
and I dont know when or what as I dont print from the laptop that often
but need to now.

I have downloaded the VISTA drivers from dell on the laptop and it all
installs but will not print.

I'm really stuck so would appreciate any help.

--
cookie666
fuzor_silverbolt

Re: Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook

Have you tried connecting the printer directly to the computer you want
to print from?

--
fuzor_silverbolt

Mick Murphy

RE: Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook
work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

Also in Norton, in your profile firewall exceptions, make sure LAN, or file
and printer sharing, is allowed

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"cookie666" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running an XP Home SP3 with a Dell A940 printer connected via USB.
>
> I have a Dell Laptop running Vista Home Premium that can see the
> network but when I try to add a printer I get the message "Windows
> cannot connect to the printer, Operation Could not be completed
> 0x0000000d"
>
> I am also running Norton 2008 Internet security on both machines.
>
> In the past I have been able to print from both but somethings changed
> and I dont know when or what as I dont print from the laptop that often
> but need to now.
>
> I have downloaded the VISTA drivers from dell on the laptop and it all
> installs but will not print.
>
> I'm really stuck so would appreciate any help.
>

> --
> cookie666

cookie666

Re: Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook

Hi

Thanks for the advice, I have connected the printer to the laptop and
it prints fine from that, I have also ran the Network Wizard on the XP
machine but I still get the same error message.

--
cookie666
Mick Murphy

Re: Cannot Share my Printer from my Vista Notebook
How are you trying to add the printer?
To use XP's printer go to Vista's Network and Sharing>Add Network
Device>Browse to XP's Printer> follow vista'a instructions to install it

Make sure that you have a Vista compatible Printer Driver downloaded for
your laptop.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"cookie666" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the advice, I have connected the printer to the laptop and
> it prints fine from that, I have also ran the Network Wizard on the XP
> machine but I still get the same error message.
>

> --
> cookie666

Mike Bates

A940 Printer Still wont connect
Still get the same error message

"operation could not be completed 0x0000000d)
Paul Montgomery

Re: A940 Printer Still wont connect

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375