Vista Printer sharing XP

Jerry

Vista Printer sharing XP
I have XP on my desktop and have shared the printer connected to it. I
installed the drivers for both printer, a HP psc 12000 and a Epson 1400 on
both my laptops, one a 64 bit gateway and he other a Compaq. The printer
sharing works great from one laptop but not from the Compaq. I can connect
the Compaq to the printers, USB, and they work great. But when trying to
print to them over my network I get an error that I need to install the
drivers for the printer. I can see the printers form the Compaq and I can
see what is in the queue for each printer, but can not print. There is no
problem using any shared file. Thanks for any help

Spaceman

Re: Vista Printer sharing XP
On the XP machine,
Open the printer properties and look at the sharing tab,
There should be an additional drivers button.
You need to install the drivers for any type of system that
is connecting by the network share there.
Hope that helps ya.

--
James M Driscoll Jr
MCTS (Vista)

"Jerry" <onfriday@nerdshack.com> wrote in message
>I have XP on my desktop and have shared the printer connected to it. I
>installed the drivers for both printer, a HP psc 12000 and a Epson 1400
>on both my laptops, one a 64 bit gateway and he other a Compaq. The
>printer sharing works great from one laptop but not from the Compaq. I can
>connect the Compaq to the printers, USB, and they work great. But when
>trying to print to them over my network I get an error that I need to
>install the drivers for the printer. I can see the printers form the Compaq
>and I can see what is in the queue for each printer, but can not print.
>There is no problem using any shared file. Thanks for any help

Spaceman

Re: Vista Printer sharing XP
Oops,
I forgot to ask, what Operating system does the Compaq use?
IF it is Vista,
there should be a Install driver button when you get the message
that it needs drivers.

IF it is not Vista and is Win NT or 2000 etc
Use the advice I gave below.

"Spaceman" <spaceman@realspaceman.com> wrote in message
> On the XP machine,
> Open the printer properties and look at the sharing tab,
> There should be an additional drivers button.
> You need to install the drivers for any type of system that
> is connecting by the network share there.
> Hope that helps ya.
>
> --
> James M Driscoll Jr
> MCTS (Vista)
> Spaceman
>

> "Jerry" <onfriday@nerdshack.com> wrote in message
>>I have XP on my desktop and have shared the printer connected to it. I
>>installed the drivers for both printer, a HP psc 12000 and a Epson 1400
>>on both my laptops, one a 64 bit gateway and he other a Compaq. The
>>printer sharing works great from one laptop but not from the Compaq. I can
>>connect the Compaq to the printers, USB, and they work great. But when
>>trying to print to them over my network I get an error that I need to
>>install the drivers for the printer. I can see the printers form the
>>Compaq and I can see what is in the queue for each printer, but can not
>>print. There is no problem using any shared file. Thanks for any help

lassepus

Re: Vista Printer sharing XP

"Spaceman" wrote:

> Oops,
> I forgot to ask, what Operating system does the Compaq use?
> IF it is Vista,
> there should be a Install driver button when you get the message
> that it needs drivers.
>
> IF it is not Vista and is Win NT or 2000 etc
> Use the advice I gave below.
>

> "Spaceman" <spaceman@realspaceman.com> wrote in message
> > On the XP machine,
> > Open the printer properties and look at the sharing tab,
> > There should be an additional drivers button.
> > You need to install the drivers for any type of system that
> > is connecting by the network share there.
> > Hope that helps ya.
> >
> > --
> > James M Driscoll Jr
> > MCTS (Vista)
> > Spaceman
> >

> > "Jerry" <onfriday@nerdshack.com> wrote in message
> >>I have XP on my desktop and have shared the printer connected to it. I
> >>installed the drivers for both printer, a HP psc 12000 and a Epson 1400
> >>on both my laptops, one a 64 bit gateway and he other a Compaq. The
> >>printer sharing works great from one laptop but not from the Compaq. I can
> >>connect the Compaq to the printers, USB, and they work great. But when
> >>trying to print to them over my network I get an error that I need to
> >>install the drivers for the printer. I can see the printers form the
> >>Compaq and I can see what is in the queue for each printer, but can not
> >>print. There is no problem using any shared file. Thanks for any help

lassepus

Re: Vista Printer sharing XP
I have experinced the same problem. I have a home network sharing a HP
Officejet G85 printer. The printer is connected to a stationary computer
running Windows XP. I have other computers on the network running Win XP
without problems. My new laptop is running Win Vista but I am not able to
printout.
When trying to print out a test page I can see that the printer cew on the
host computer is receiving the document, but then it disappears from the cew
without being printed. Does anybody have an advice on how to solve the
problem? Must I install the Win Vista driver for the printer on the Win XP
computer? Is that possible?
Thank you in advance

"Spaceman" wrote:

> Oops,
> I forgot to ask, what Operating system does the Compaq use?
> IF it is Vista,
> there should be a Install driver button when you get the message
> that it needs drivers.
>
> IF it is not Vista and is Win NT or 2000 etc
> Use the advice I gave below.
>

> "Spaceman" <spaceman@realspaceman.com> wrote in message
> > On the XP machine,
> > Open the printer properties and look at the sharing tab,
> > There should be an additional drivers button.
> > You need to install the drivers for any type of system that
> > is connecting by the network share there.
> > Hope that helps ya.
> >
> > --
> > James M Driscoll Jr
> > MCTS (Vista)
> > Spaceman
> >

> > "Jerry" <onfriday@nerdshack.com> wrote in message
> >>I have XP on my desktop and have shared the printer connected to it. I
> >>installed the drivers for both printer, a HP psc 12000 and a Epson 1400
> >>on both my laptops, one a 64 bit gateway and he other a Compaq. The
> >>printer sharing works great from one laptop but not from the Compaq. I can
> >>connect the Compaq to the printers, USB, and they work great. But when
> >>trying to print to them over my network I get an error that I need to
> >>install the drivers for the printer. I can see the printers form the
> >>Compaq and I can see what is in the queue for each printer, but can not
> >>print. There is no problem using any shared file. Thanks for any help

Jerry

Re: Vista Printer sharing XP
Both laptops vista. After I try to use printer on Compaq I am told to
install drive. Which is already done and has been use to print though USB, I
get an error code 8x000003e3. still can only print from 1 of my laptops to
network printer. thanks