Network Drives connect but I cannot see them anywhere

rlgibso6969

Network Drives connect but I cannot see them anywhere

Hi forum,
I have recently loaded Vista Business Premium again here at our
company. I have placed the workstation in our AD domain successfully.
When I login to the computer with my network account our scripts all
appear to run with respect to GPO and I get the prompt that our "two"
network drives are mapped as N: and S: respectively.

For the life of me though I cannot find them anywhere. I look at the
computer icon which is where I would imagine they would show up but
there are only my local devices displayed there.

If I go through the network Icon and find the server I can see the
shares but those are extra steps that in my mind can't be the way to
access these each time.

Any assistance would be appreciated folks.

--
rlgibso6969
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network Drives connect but I cannot see them anywhere
As we know some logon script or group policy may not work with Vista. Can
you see the mapping drives if ruining net use command? Any errors in the
logs? This search result may help too.
Troubleshooting Group Policy using Event Logs in Vista
Top 10 checklist of group policy troubleshooting · Troubleshooting
Group Policy using Event Logs in Vista · marketing · marketing ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistagrouppolicy1.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net