Cannot open / Adjust Network cards in Vista Home Premium

Wobble_Wobble

Cannot open / Adjust Network cards in Vista Home Premium
Vista 32bit home edition and I broke networking. I can get out to the net,
browse some pc's at home, but there are no settings I can see/ adjust. To
change IP settings I have to use Netsh commands. It all went terribly wrong
when I did something (broke cause I wasn't paying attention) to VMware
networking. Now my 2 VMware networks cards won't work ( re-installed VMware
server and workstation) and I can't see properties on my NIC's. When I open
up networking properties I get
'Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or
more other Network property sheets are already open. To use these controls,
close all the property sheets and then reopen this one.'
If I click OK all I get to see is Client for Microsoft Networks and
Deterministic Network Enhancer, nothing else. I also cannot see the 2 VMware
nics that should be in there.

No good going in on safe mode, or uninstalling VMware.
By using SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
I got to see the VMware Nics in Device Manager but they are not working
correctly.
The really weird thing is I've used Netsh statically set the IP/ DNS/ DHCP,
I also have a DHCP server giving different Gateway, yet the Vista install is
still returning to an unused DNS server after each reboot.
Joe

Pavel A.

Re: Cannot open / Adjust Network cards in Vista Home Premium
Deterministic Network Enhancer possibly is the culprit.
How this nuisance landed on your machine?

--PA