Vista and XP can't see each other

I have a desktop with Vista Business and a laptop with XP Pro SP3 connected
through a wireless router. DHCP was enabled.

On the Vista, Network discovery, File and Printer sharing were all enabled.
Network location type was set to Private. On the XP, File and Printer
sharing was also enabled.

The two machines can see each other but when trying to access the respective
machines, I received "error code 0x80070035 / The network path was not
found". This occurs on both machines.

I have tried disabling the firewall and antivirus on my Norton 360 but the
problem persist.

Does anyone has any ideal how to solve this problem?
Thanks for any advice.

Jason

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista and XP can't see each other
sorry!

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"dedap@deedee.com" wrote:

> I have a desktop with Vista Business and a laptop with XP Pro SP3 connected
> through a wireless router. DHCP was enabled.
>
> On the Vista, Network discovery, File and Printer sharing were all enabled.
> Network location type was set to Private. On the XP, File and Printer
> sharing was also enabled.
>
> The two machines can see each other but when trying to access the respective
> machines, I received "error code 0x80070035 / The network path was not
> found". This occurs on both machines.
>
> I have tried disabling the firewall and antivirus on my Norton 360 but the
> problem persist.
>
> Does anyone has any ideal how to solve this problem?
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Jason

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista and XP can't see each other
Run the XP wizard for file and printer sharing; info below.
Check in Norton: your profile, firewall, exceptions, LAN(or file sharing)
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"dedap@deedee.com" wrote:

> I have a desktop with Vista Business and a laptop with XP Pro SP3 connected
> through a wireless router. DHCP was enabled.
>
> On the Vista, Network discovery, File and Printer sharing were all enabled.
> Network location type was set to Private. On the XP, File and Printer
> sharing was also enabled.
>
> The two machines can see each other but when trying to access the respective
> machines, I received "error code 0x80070035 / The network path was not
> found". This occurs on both machines.
>
> I have tried disabling the firewall and antivirus on my Norton 360 but the
> problem persist.
>
> Does anyone has any ideal how to solve this problem?
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Jason

Re: Vista and XP can't see each other
Hi Mick

Thank for the reply.

I have reconfirmed again and the Vista Network configurations were all setup
as suggested by you.
The Workgroup Name were the same on both machines. IP addresses were in the
same range and subnet.
Network location is Private. File and printer sharing were turned on.

On the XP machine, I have tried the network setup wizard a couple of times.
I have even shut down Norton altogether.
None of these was able to get the two machines to talk to each other.

In fact, when I tried to connect another XP laptop to the Vista machines, I
get the same problem but the two XP machines were able to talk to each
other.

Jason