accessing drives via wireless network

Wlfdaddy

accessing drives via wireless network
As I am sure you will see i am a newbie to this whole wireless networking
thing. Here is my problem. I have an external hard drive hooked up to my
desktop. I for the life of me cannot figure out how I can access it on my
laptop. I see the drive on the computer, but once I click it I get a message
saying "j" is available but the user account yuo are logged on with was
denied access. Is ther a way to fix this? I am signe don with the same
workgroup. Have tried everything. Any help woud be GREATLY appreciated.
oscar

RE: accessing drives via wireless network
Hi,

I’m not exactly clear what you’re asking:

“I see the drive on the computer, but once I click it I get a message
saying "j" is available but the user account yuo are logged on with was
denied access. Is ther a way to fix this? I am signe don with the same
workgroup.”

Are you saying that you are denied access to the external drive on the
computer that it is hooked up to (desktop), or you are denied access to the
external drive when using the other computer (laptop) over your wireless home
network, or both conditions exist? Also, are both computers Vista or is one
Vista and the other XP, or what?

--
oscar

....Right click is your best friend...

"Wlfdaddy" wrote:

> As I am sure you will see i am a newbie to this whole wireless networking
> thing. Here is my problem. I have an external hard drive hooked up to my
> desktop. I for the life of me cannot figure out how I can access it on my
> laptop. I see the drive on the computer, but once I click it I get a message
> saying "j" is available but the user account yuo are logged on with was
> denied access. Is ther a way to fix this? I am signe don with the same
> workgroup. Have tried everything. Any help woud be GREATLY appreciated.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: accessing drives via wireless network
Hi
Wireless is just a replacement for wire.
If both computers are connected to same Router/switch/access point it does
not matter what the type of connection is, Wire or Wireless the Sharing
configuration is the same.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-