Printer "Access Denied" for all Vista Client

Emmanuel

Printer "Access Denied" for all Vista Client
Hi,

We have both Vista & XP on our Windows 2003 domain. Drivers for all printers
on both XP and Vista client were successfully installed. XP printer driver
were loaded from print server and vista driver were loaded from DriverStore.
Printers were deployed through GPO and "ClassGUID" of the printer were also
set into GPO. However, only XP client can successfully connect to Windows
2003 print server and NOT the vista client. But if I disable UAC, vista
client can connect to the print server.

Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Emmanuel
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer "Access Denied" for all Vista Client
Use gpresult to check if the gp apply to the Vista.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Emmanuel" <Emmanuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsD84BB3E-D60D-4DF0-94B7-73391BC0EEDA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have both Vista & XP on our Windows 2003 domain. Drivers for all
> printers
> on both XP and Vista client were successfully installed. XP printer driver
> were loaded from print server and vista driver were loaded from
> DriverStore.
> Printers were deployed through GPO and "ClassGUID" of the printer were
> also
> set into GPO. However, only XP client can successfully connect to Windows
> 2003 print server and NOT the vista client. But if I disable UAC, vista
> client can connect to the print server.
>
> Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Re: Printer "Access Denied" for all Vista Client
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I run gpresult /V /R and all policy was successfully
implemented.

Cheers,
Emmanuel