Network problem connecting to XP laptop

Mary

Network problem connecting to XP laptop
I have a laptop with XP connected to a printer. I have just bought a
Vista PC. Both are wireless.

TheXP laptop is configured for file and printer sharing.

If I open Network in the Vista PC it shows the laptop. If I double
click on the laptop I get a box asking for a user name and password.

The XP laptop has no password that I know of.

How can I access the laptop from the Vista PC?

HELP......
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network problem connecting to XP laptop
You may try to create the same username on both computers. Or this search
result may help.
Vista cannot access others
Vista can't access other computers. Can't browser another XP computer
Vista can't access XP Can't see any computers in the Network ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaaccess1.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Mary" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with XP connected to a printer. I have just bought a
> Vista PC. Both are wireless.
>
> TheXP laptop is configured for file and printer sharing.
>
> If I open Network in the Vista PC it shows the laptop. If I double
> click on the laptop I get a box asking for a user name and password.
>
> The XP laptop has no password that I know of.
>
> How can I access the laptop from the Vista PC?
>
> HELP......

Mick Murphy

RE: Network problem connecting to XP laptop

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)