Connecting to Internet via a home network

James Bauer

Connecting to Internet via a home network
I have a home wired network connecting a Vista home premium machine with an
XP machine.
File and printer sharing work fine.
I connect to the Internet via dial-up from the Vista machine.
I would also like to be able to connect to the Internet over the network
from the XP machine and would appreciate any guidance that someone could
give me.
Many thanks.

Mick Murphy

RE: Connecting to Internet via a home network
http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/02/21/h...r-using-vista/

Have a read of the above.
It involves buying more hardware, NIC Cards, and installing them inside your
computer.
It would be simpler to just buy a Router for your Network.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"James Bauer" wrote:

> I have a home wired network connecting a Vista home premium machine with an
> XP machine.
> File and printer sharing work fine.
> I connect to the Internet via dial-up from the Vista machine.
> I would also like to be able to connect to the Internet over the network
> from the XP machine and would appreciate any guidance that someone could
> give me.
> Many thanks.

KawaiDon

Re: Connecting to Internet via a home network
James,

Check the Windows Vista help for this:

Set up a shared Internet connection using ICS

Paste this into the Vista help search, and the resulting page should allow
you to do what you want.

Since you are sharing a dial up connection, the other web page suggested by
Mick doesn't apply - that is for sharing a connection over Ethernet.

Hope you can get a faster connection some day!

Don Mannino

"James Bauer" <jim.bauer@att.net> wrote in message
>I have a home wired network connecting a Vista home premium machine with an
>XP machine.
> File and printer sharing work fine.
> I connect to the Internet via dial-up from the Vista machine.
> I would also like to be able to connect to the Internet over the network
> from the XP machine and would appreciate any guidance that someone could
> give me.
> Many thanks.

Mick Murphy

Re: Connecting to Internet via a home network
Hey, you still have to use the Ethernet Cable with your way
A cat5 cable is Ethernet!!!!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia