Can't connect Window Vista to Window XP Printer

Jeffrey CK

Can't connect Window Vista to Window XP Printer
I am using a laptop with Window Vista Business and trying to connect it to my
printer which is operating by a window xp desktop computer. However, when I
try to add this printer, it states that 'Windows cannot connect to the
printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please close
some programs and try again.' I can access the shared document of the other
computer but not the printer. What can I do? Please Help!
Malke

Re: Can't connect Window Vista to Window XP Printer
Jeffrey CK wrote:

> I am using a laptop with Window Vista Business and trying to connect it to
> my printer which is operating by a window xp desktop computer. However,
> when I try to add this printer, it states that 'Windows cannot connect to
> the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please
> close some programs and try again.' I can access the shared document of
> the other computer but not the printer. What can I do? Please Help!

Did you install the Vista drivers for the printer onto the Vista laptop? If
not, this is what you need to do next. Go to the printer mftr.'s website
and get the latest drivers for your specific model printer.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Jeffrey CK

Re: Can't connect Window Vista to Window XP Printer
Thanks for your reply! Yes I did install the vista drivers (both the local
scan driver and the host based protocol 32-bit system driver) for my printer
(Lexmark X215) but the same thing happened.

Here is the web address where I downloaded the drivers:
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...0Vista&target=

Jeffrey

Jeffrey CK wrote:

> Thanks for your reply! Yes I did install the vista drivers (both the local
> scan driver and the host based protocol 32-bit system driver) for my
> printer (Lexmark X215) but the same thing happened.
>
> Here is the web address where I downloaded the drivers:

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...0Vista&target=

Then I'm sorry but I don't know. I would contact Lexmark tech support or
wait for one of the printer gurus (of which I am not one) to come along.

I'm sorry I was unable to help you.

Malke