Windows Vista cannot connect wirelessly: no response from wireless

Tom

Windows Vista cannot connect wirelessly: no response from wireless
Windows edition: Windows Vista Business

System: Toshiba (laptop/notebook) Satellite Pro 32-bit

Router : Netgear Rangemax ADSL Modem wireless router DG834PN

Country: UK

PROBLEM: Hello, I keep trying to connect to my wireless router with the
above system with no success whatsoever. I have tried changing security
options on the router and even removing it.

I have even tried deleting all the wireless networks stored on the computer,
but to no avail.

I have ugraded the router with the latest software from netgear.
My OS is fully updated.

When I try to connect wirelessly, it fails. I diagnose the problem and I
receive:

"Wireless association failed because Windows did not receive any response
from the wirelss router or access point"

The notebook/laptop WILL connect to the internet if I plug in an ethernet
cable, if that's useful.

<HELP> Please, much needed.

Tom Harper
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Windows Vista cannot connect wirelessly: no response from wireless
Hi
Hi
Get the Router manual, connect to its interface with a cable. Check
carefully all the Wireless setting.
Start at first with security Off, and then try to connect.
If it does not work, borrow another laptop (known to work) and see if it is
working with your Wireless Router to rule out Router or Computer problems.
Wireless in general.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)