Network help

Aspire 5610z

Network help
I have a network with my desktop and laptop, all is good from the
desktop to the laptop all shared files and folders are accessable but
from the laptop to the desktop all the shared folders are visible but
only lets me open the public folders. When I try to open say the f
drive I have on my desktop I get the message cannot access the f
drive, there may be a network problem or check the name
any help is appreciated
Mick Murphy

RE: Network help
AFAIK Vista does not let you share Drives.
Have a read below.

Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Aspire 5610z" wrote:

> I have a network with my desktop and laptop, all is good from the
> desktop to the laptop all shared files and folders are accessable but
> from the laptop to the desktop all the shared folders are visible but
> only lets me open the public folders. When I try to open say the f
> drive I have on my desktop I get the message cannot access the f
> drive, there may be a network problem or check the name
> any help is appreciated

BurrWalnut

RE: Network help
It is not recommended that the system drive (usually C) is shared but if you
have, say, a D partition with music, videos, etc. that you want to share,
simply right-click Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management then
right-click the drive graphic > Properties > Security Tab > Edit > Add then
type ‘Everyone’ (not the quotes) > OK and below it select your preferences,
e.g. Read or Full Control. Now Apply, OK, etc. to finish.