Vista and xp network problem!!!!

Hitchhiker

Vista and xp network problem!!!!

Hello!
I have a problem with my network in my XP laptop.
I had Vista on my laptop but I recently installed XP because the system
was slow.
Now i canīt acess the Internet.
My network card is 1394 Net adapter.
When I had Vista I did not have any problem with the wireless
connection or with a cable.
Now i canīt connect Internet with a cable or wireless.
The weird thing is that i can see the network connection in my network
connections. There it says that my "1394-connected".
I donīt have any icon in the statusbar for wireless connection either?
So i canīt see the networks available in the area. When i click on
properties for the connection and then status it doesnīt show any IP
adress or anything. By the way i have a netgear router that is recently
bought. Do someone have any suggestions?
What can be the problem? Please help a desperate man

--
Hitchhiker
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista and xp network problem!!!!
Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Hitchhiker" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello!
> I have a problem with my network in my XP laptop.
> I had Vista on my laptop but I recently installed XP because the system
> was slow.
> Now i canīt acess the Internet.
> My network card is 1394 Net adapter.
> When I had Vista I did not have any problem with the wireless
> connection or with a cable.
> Now i canīt connect Internet with a cable or wireless.
> The weird thing is that i can see the network connection in my network
> connections. There it says that my "1394-connected".
> I donīt have any icon in the statusbar for wireless connection either?
> So i canīt see the networks available in the area. When i click on
> properties for the connection and then status it doesnīt show any IP
> adress or anything. By the way i have a netgear router that is recently
> bought. Do someone have any suggestions?
> What can be the problem? Please help a desperate man
>

> --
> Hitchhiker

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista and xp network problem!!!!
"Hitchhiker" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello!
> I have a problem with my network in my XP laptop.
> I had Vista on my laptop but I recently installed XP because the system
> was slow.
> Now i canīt acess the Internet.
> My network card is 1394 Net adapter.
> When I had Vista I did not have any problem with the wireless
> connection or with a cable.
> Now i canīt connect Internet with a cable or wireless.
> The weird thing is that i can see the network connection in my network
> connections. There it says that my "1394-connected".
> I donīt have any icon in the statusbar for wireless connection either?
> So i canīt see the networks available in the area. When i click on
> properties for the connection and then status it doesnīt show any IP
> adress or anything. By the way i have a netgear router that is recently
> bought. Do someone have any suggestions?
> What can be the problem? Please help a desperate man
>

> --
> Hitchhiker

It may help if you install drivers for your regular network IC. Presently,
the only NIC you appear to have installed is a firewire connection..

Go to the laptop manufacturer web site and download the correct NIC
drivers..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..