Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication

Mat

Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
Hi,
I am trying 802.1x authentication ( PEAP with EAP-MSCHAP V2) in our wireless
network. I have installed IAS RADIUS for wireless authentication. All our
clients are windows vista.I have read VISTA supports Single Sign On wireless
profiles to connect to protected networks before domain logon. I have set
ssoMode as preLogon, but my experience is that it works with only cached
profiles. But with a new user login gives an error “there are currently no
logon sever available”. Could someone help me?
Thanks

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
We had a case like this one on HP laptop. You may want to select "do not
login with credential manager" and Login using normal credentials. This post
may help.
HP Credential Manager Single Sign ...
My new HP notebook comes with HP Credential Manager Single Sign On. It
helps to login security site or computer faster. However, it may bring some
issues. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...78f29 112b643

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Mat" <Mat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying 802.1x authentication ( PEAP with EAP-MSCHAP V2) in our
> wireless
> network. I have installed IAS RADIUS for wireless authentication. All our
> clients are windows vista.I have read VISTA supports Single Sign On
> wireless
> profiles to connect to protected networks before domain logon. I have set
> ssoMode as preLogon, but my experience is that it works with only cached
> profiles. But with a new user login gives an error “there are currently no
> logon sever available”. Could someone help me?
> Thanks

Mat

Re: Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the post. I have uninstalled credential manager, but gives same
error, It happen's with Toshiba as well which doesnt have credential manager.

thanks

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> We had a case like this one on HP laptop. You may want to select "do not
> login with credential manager" and Login using normal credentials. This post
> may help.
> HP Credential Manager Single Sign ...
> My new HP notebook comes with HP Credential Manager Single Sign On. It
> helps to login security site or computer faster. However, it may bring some
> issues. ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...78f29 112b643
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Mat" <Mat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am trying 802.1x authentication ( PEAP with EAP-MSCHAP V2) in our
> > wireless
> > network. I have installed IAS RADIUS for wireless authentication. All our
> > clients are windows vista.I have read VISTA supports Single Sign On
> > wireless
> > profiles to connect to protected networks before domain logon. I have set
> > ssoMode as preLogon, but my experience is that it works with only cached
> > profiles. But with a new user login gives an error “there are currently no
> > logon sever available”. Could someone help me?
> > Thanks

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
Any errors in the IAS?

--
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for the post. I have uninstalled credential manager, but gives same
> error, It happen's with Toshiba as well which doesnt have credential
> manager.
>
> thanks
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> We had a case like this one on HP laptop. You may want to select "do not
>> login with credential manager" and Login using normal credentials. This
>> post
>> may help.
>> HP Credential Manager Single Sign ...
>> My new HP notebook comes with HP Credential Manager Single Sign On.
>> It
>> helps to login security site or computer faster. However, it may bring
>> some
>> issues. ...
>>
>> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...78f29 112b643
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>> "Mat" <Mat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I am trying 802.1x authentication ( PEAP with EAP-MSCHAP V2) in our
>> > wireless
>> > network. I have installed IAS RADIUS for wireless authentication. All
>> > our
>> > clients are windows vista.I have read VISTA supports Single Sign On
>> > wireless
>> > profiles to connect to protected networks before domain logon. I have
>> > set
>> > ssoMode as preLogon, but my experience is that it works with only
>> > cached
>> > profiles. But with a new user login gives an error “there are currently
>> > no
>> > logon sever available”. Could someone help me?
>> > Thanks

Mat

Re: Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
Hi,

no errors, no message relates to this process.

thanks
-MVP)" wrote:

> Any errors in the IAS?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Mat" <Mat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > Thanks for the post. I have uninstalled credential manager, but gives same
> > error, It happen's with Toshiba as well which doesnt have credential
> > manager.
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> We had a case like this one on HP laptop. You may want to select "do not
> >> login with credential manager" and Login using normal credentials. This
> >> post
> >> may help.
> >> HP Credential Manager Single Sign ...
> >> My new HP notebook comes with HP Credential Manager Single Sign On.
> >> It
> >> helps to login security site or computer faster. However, it may bring
> >> some
> >> issues. ...
> >>
> >> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...78f29 112b643
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com

Holly Westell

Re: Single Sign On with 802.1x wireless authentication
I have a client that is experiencing problems with his Dell Inspiron that I
believe is being caused by the Credential Manager. How did you unistall this
thing? Unfortunately, I don't have access to the machine, so I don't know
what version of Vista they are running or whether it appears in the Installed
Program list.

Holly