One computer, three users, one calendar

johnthebaptist

One computer, three users, one calendar
Running Office Standard 2007.

What's the best way of sharing my calendar with the two other users on this
computer. Actually, I'm all three users and Outlook is my default calendar.
MS Exchange is not involved.

Is there a way of "exporting" (= sharing) my entire Outlook calendar at once
or do I have to do it one appointment at a time?

Please answer for both Outlook and Windows calendars. Or do I need a
dedicated sharing program?
Paddy

RE: One computer, three users, one calendar
"johnthebaptist" wrote:

> Running Office Standard 2007.
>
> What's the best way of sharing my calendar with the two other users on this
> computer. Actually, I'm all three users and Outlook is my default calendar.
> MS Exchange is not involved.
>
> Is there a way of "exporting" (= sharing) my entire Outlook calendar at once
> or do I have to do it one appointment at a time?
>
> Please answer for both Outlook and Windows calendars. Or do I need a
> dedicated sharing program?

If you don't need Outlook specifically, have you considered using Google's
Calendar? You can access it from anywhere as long as you have Internet access.

http://calendar.google.com/
Gordon

"johnthebaptist" <johnthebaptist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Office Standard 2007.
>
> What's the best way of sharing my calendar with the two other users on
> this
> computer. Actually, I'm all three users and Outlook is my default
> calendar.
> MS Exchange is not involved.
>
> Is there a way of "exporting" (= sharing) my entire Outlook calendar at
> once
> or do I have to do it one appointment at a time?
>
> Please answer for both Outlook and Windows calendars. Or do I need a
> dedicated sharing program?

Have a look here:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/publishcal.htm

johnthebaptist

RE: One computer, three users, one calendar
Thanks, Paddy. Let me give Google a try and I'll get back to you. My
question's not answered yet, but your reply was helpful.

"Paddy" wrote:

> "johnthebaptist" wrote:
>
> > Running Office Standard 2007.
> >
> > What's the best way of sharing my calendar with the two other users on this
> > computer. Actually, I'm all three users and Outlook is my default calendar.
> > MS Exchange is not involved.
> >
> > Is there a way of "exporting" (= sharing) my entire Outlook calendar at once
> > or do I have to do it one appointment at a time?
> >
> > Please answer for both Outlook and Windows calendars. Or do I need a
> > dedicated sharing program?

> If you don't need Outlook specifically, have you considered using Google's
> Calendar? You can access it from anywhere as long as you have Internet access.
>
> http://calendar.google.com/

johnthebaptist

Re: One computer, three users, one calendar
Thanks, Gordon. At this point your reply was helpful. After following your
link I'll let you know if it solves my problem. What do you think of Paddy's
answer?

> Thanks, Gordon. At this point your reply was helpful. After following
> your
> link I'll let you know if it solves my problem. What do you think of
> Paddy's
> answer?

Googlecalendar needs online access.....
There is another way. Create a new pst file in a shared directory, (i.e.
where all three users have read/write permissions) and each instance of
Outlook can use that calendar. (Not at the same time of course...)