Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Wireless connection cut - Wndows Vista Home Premium SP1

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
gmcleung
 

Posts: n/a
Wireless connection cut - Wndows Vista Home Premium SP1
I don't know why my notebook PC's wi-fi connection is cut sporadically. The
Windows diagnosis messages shown are mostly a wireless network is not found.
My Window version is Vista Home Premium SP1. The wireless chip in my
notebook is Intel 4965 AGN and the router used is TP-Link TL-941ND supporting
802.11 a/g/n. The security type chosen is WPA2-PSK.

Appreciate if any friends could advise me how to make the wireless
connection more stable. The connection is flawless when I use the ethernet
wire to connect the router.

Grateful to have your advice
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2008
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Wireless connection cut - Wndows Vista Home Premium SP1
Hi
Assuming that you are within the functional range of your Wireless hardware,
(Functional range is usually much shorter than what the marketing claims).
Make sure that your Wireless Router's SSID Broadcast is On.
Try to disable the Power saving feature of the Wireless card.
Try to set the Wireless channel to 11 or 1.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"gmcleung" <gmcleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:162F334F-5EC7-4F85-87D2-12B91C25CD23@microsoft.com...
>I don't know why my notebook PC's wi-fi connection is cut sporadically.
>The
> Windows diagnosis messages shown are mostly a wireless network is not
> found.
> My Window version is Vista Home Premium SP1. The wireless chip in my
> notebook is Intel 4965 AGN and the router used is TP-Link TL-941ND
> supporting
> 802.11 a/g/n. The security type chosen is WPA2-PSK.
>
> Appreciate if any friends could advise me how to make the wireless
> connection more stable. The connection is flawless when I use the
> ethernet
> wire to connect the router.
>
> Grateful to have your advice


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
gmcleung
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Wireless connection cut - Wndows Vista Home Premium SP1
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. Just make sure I know precisely what I need to do.

I suppose the wireless card setting is done on my notebook, somewhere under
the control panel.

The default channel setting of my router is 6. What is the difference
between 11 and 6 or 1 and 6?

Thanks in advance for your help.

George

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Assuming that you are within the functional range of your Wireless hardware,
> (Functional range is usually much shorter than what the marketing claims).
> Make sure that your Wireless Router's SSID Broadcast is On.
> Try to disable the Power saving feature of the Wireless card.
> Try to set the Wireless channel to 11 or 1.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "gmcleung" <gmcleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:162F334F-5EC7-4F85-87D2-12B91C25CD23@microsoft.com...
> >I don't know why my notebook PC's wi-fi connection is cut sporadically.
> >The
> > Windows diagnosis messages shown are mostly a wireless network is not
> > found.
> > My Window version is Vista Home Premium SP1. The wireless chip in my
> > notebook is Intel 4965 AGN and the router used is TP-Link TL-941ND
> > supporting
> > 802.11 a/g/n. The security type chosen is WPA2-PSK.
> >
> > Appreciate if any friends could advise me how to make the wireless
> > connection more stable. The connection is flawless when I use the
> > ethernet
> > wire to connect the router.
> >
> > Grateful to have your advice

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
axelm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Wireless connection cut - Wndows Vista Home Premium SP1
Try to move to a channel that has less traffic? You can use netstumbler to
see who is on ch 6.

Also make sure that a cordless 2.4 ghz phone is not interfering.

Did you have XP on that same laptop before? If so, and it was working fine,
it is probably a wifi driver issue.

Axel

"gmcleung" wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Just make sure I know precisely what I need to do.
>
> I suppose the wireless card setting is done on my notebook, somewhere under
> the control panel.
>
> The default channel setting of my router is 6. What is the difference
> between 11 and 6 or 1 and 6?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> George
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Assuming that you are within the functional range of your Wireless hardware,
> > (Functional range is usually much shorter than what the marketing claims).
> > Make sure that your Wireless Router's SSID Broadcast is On.
> > Try to disable the Power saving feature of the Wireless card.
> > Try to set the Wireless channel to 11 or 1.
> > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
> >
> > "gmcleung" <gmcleung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:162F334F-5EC7-4F85-87D2-12B91C25CD23@microsoft.com...
> > >I don't know why my notebook PC's wi-fi connection is cut sporadically.
> > >The
> > > Windows diagnosis messages shown are mostly a wireless network is not
> > > found.
> > > My Window version is Vista Home Premium SP1. The wireless chip in my
> > > notebook is Intel 4965 AGN and the router used is TP-Link TL-941ND
> > > supporting
> > > 802.11 a/g/n. The security type chosen is WPA2-PSK.
> > >
> > > Appreciate if any friends could advise me how to make the wireless
> > > connection more stable. The connection is flawless when I use the
> > > ethernet
> > > wire to connect the router.
> > >
> > > Grateful to have your advice

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
dawood is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try to disable the WPA2-PSK encryption and then don't hide SSID on wireless router if you hide it, see whether you notebook can connect to the wireless network. If you need more helps, then you can take a look on this wireless network setup tutorial to help you.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista & XP Home Wireless Network Connection Please Help! Terry1302 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 01-14-2008 20:53
Slow wireless connection on Desktop with Vista Home Premium Michael microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 09-20-2007 19:08
Having problem with wireless connection and Windows Vista Home Premium JD microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 08-30-2007 10:31
Windows Vista Home Premium - Wireless connection problem Stefano C. microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 07-18-2007 10:54
Home LAN adding a PC using vista on a wireless connection johnmh156 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 06-16-2007 08:51




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120