How to transfer files??

trfrantila

How to transfer files??
I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. My old desktop is running XP. I
have both on wireless home network. My laptop can see my old computer but
will not allow me to access it so that I can use the easy transfer system to
transfer files on the network? What is wrong? They are both in the same
workgroup. My XP desktop does not show me my laptop. Please help this
novice!

Thanks much!
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: How to transfer files??
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"trfrantila" <trfrantila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. My old desktop is running XP. I
> have both on wireless home network. My laptop can see my old computer but
> will not allow me to access it so that I can use the easy transfer system
> transfer files on the network? What is wrong? They are both in the same
> workgroup. My XP desktop does not show me my laptop. Please help this
> novice!
>
> Thanks much!

Mick Murphy

RE: How to transfer files??
Have a read of the info below.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"trfrantila" wrote:

> I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. My old desktop is running XP. I
> have both on wireless home network. My laptop can see my old computer but
> will not allow me to access it so that I can use the easy transfer system to
> transfer files on the network? What is wrong? They are both in the same
> workgroup. My XP desktop does not show me my laptop. Please help this
> novice!
>
> Thanks much!

Jed Slade

RE: How to transfer files??
have you tried to E Mail from one to the other,if you have two E MAIL
accounts,ie msn and yahoo,send the files from one to the other,yahoo moves
files more easily,as windows live can get an auto refusal from postmaster.
--
Jed