Vista Home Premium Cannot Connect To Network

-goss

Vista Home Premium Cannot Connect To Network
Hi all,

All of a sudden I cannot connect to my wireless router from my PC w/
Vista Home Premium. I have a laptop and another PC in the house that
connect to the router no problem.

The PC with Vista Home Premium just started today, for the past week
or so it had connected flawlessly

I had just downloaded and installed Office 2007
I installed and then the PC went to sleep

When I came back, I was unable to connect to the router, although I
can see it in list of available networks

Thanks!
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Home Premium Cannot Connect To Network
You may want to re-create the wireless connection.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"-goss" <winston.snyder@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> All of a sudden I cannot connect to my wireless router from my PC w/
> Vista Home Premium. I have a laptop and another PC in the house that
> connect to the router no problem.
>
> The PC with Vista Home Premium just started today, for the past week
> or so it had connected flawlessly
>
> I had just downloaded and installed Office 2007
> I installed and then the PC went to sleep
>
> When I came back, I was unable to connect to the router, although I
> can see it in list of available networks
>
> Thanks!

-goss

Re: Vista Home Premium Cannot Connect To Network
Hi Bob,

I did that once already.

I started by using HP System Restore Discs to reset to factory
settings when I could not connect previously
I reinstalled Netgear software and then PCI Wireless Card as this was
added after market
The PC found the router, no problem.
I connected and it worked for a few days

Then all of a sudden, I could not connect to the router and the
daignose problem software with Vista is remarkably unhelpful.

I would prefer, and I should not have to, rename my network every
time.
This was not a problem with Win XP only with Vista

What is the permanent fix?
Thanks!