Cannot disable network connection after installing OneCare

patchwerk

Cannot disable network connection after installing OneCare
Greets.

I installed Microsoft Equipt, which. sadly, forced me to uninstall my
existing security solution. OneCare seems to be doing the job okay, but ever
since I installed it, I've been unable to manually disable any network
connections. This is a problem, as I am currently developing a client/server
application set, and to properly test it, I need to frequently enable/disable
certain LAN adapters.

I'm unable to find any option to turn off this "feature" (whose usefulness I
fail to understand)

Thanks in advance.
StephenB

Re: Cannot disable network connection after installing OneCare
Onecare should not be prohibiting the disabling of any network adapters. Where
are you trying to do this from and what OS? If you mean that you wish to disable
the firewall, you can do that from within OneCare.
It sounds to me like you might want to reconsider Equipt with OneCare for your
development box.
-steve

--
Stephen Boots