Shared printer connection problem

VistaKing

Shared printer connection problem

::I'm having a problem printing from my vista laptop. The printer is
connected to my desktop which is a Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit and the
Laptop is Vista Home Premium . I keep getting this error message when
I'm trying to connect to the printer. I could ping both computers fine
without a problem I get all of the packets nothing fails. ::

::[Window Title]::
::Connect to Printer::
::[Main Instruction]::
::Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be
completed (error 0x0000000d).::
::[OK]::

--
VistaKing
Mick Murphy

RE: Shared printer connection problem
You have to have the Printer's Driver installed in the laptop as well as the
Desktop.

And, in the Vista Laptop>Start>Network>Network and Sharing>Add Network
Device>Browse to the ultimate's printer>Follow instructions to add it

Have a read of the info below as well on how to Network.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

-
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"VistaKing" wrote:

> ::I'm having a problem printing from my vista laptop. The printer is
> connected to my desktop which is a Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit and the
> Laptop is Vista Home Premium . I keep getting this error message when
> I'm trying to connect to the printer. I could ping both computers fine
> without a problem I get all of the packets nothing fails. ::
>

> ::[Window Title]::
> ::Connect to Printer::
> ::[Main Instruction]::
> ::Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be
> completed (error 0x0000000d).::
> ::[OK]::
>

> --
> VistaKing

VistaKing

--
VistaKing
surfmavk

RE: Shared printer connection problem
What do you do if an (HP) print driver will not install the print driver for
Vista on a XP Home version? This is the conundrum I have been in. I was
able to install the driver on my Vista laptop but not the driver needed to
share the printer on my XP Home desktop.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You have to have the Printer's Driver installed in the laptop as well as the
> Desktop.
>
> And, in the Vista Laptop>Start>Network>Network and Sharing>Add Network
> Device>Browse to the ultimate's printer>Follow instructions to add it
>
> Have a read of the info below as well on how to Network.

> Permissions/Share info is there as well.
>
> If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
> Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:

> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)

> passwords (passwords can be different) on ALL computers in your Network) If
> you have it ON, you will be asked for a username and password when you try to
> access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista computer.
>
> -
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "VistaKing" wrote:
>

> > ::I'm having a problem printing from my vista laptop. The printer is
> > connected to my desktop which is a Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit and the
> > Laptop is Vista Home Premium . I keep getting this error message when
> > I'm trying to connect to the printer. I could ping both computers fine
> > without a problem I get all of the packets nothing fails. ::
> >

> > ::[Window Title]::
> > ::Connect to Printer::
> > ::[Main Instruction]::
> > ::Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be
> > completed (error 0x0000000d).::
> > ::[OK]::
> >

> > --
> > VistaKing

Malke

surfmavk wrote:

> What do you do if an (HP) print driver will not install the print driver
> for
> Vista on a XP Home version? This is the conundrum I have been in. I was
> able to install the driver on my Vista laptop but not the driver needed to
> share the printer on my XP Home desktop.

You would never want to install Vista drivers for anything on an XP machine!
Go to HP's site and get XP drivers and install them on your XP machine.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

surfmavk

RE: Shared printer connection problem
That is exactly what I have done. I went to the HP site and tried to
download the HP print driver for my printer that would be compatible for the
Vista laptop to share this printer, and it could not install it. I
downloaded the printer driver onto the laptop just fine so I could use the
printer via hardwire but have been unsuccessful sharing this printer
wirelessly. It is the Vista Ultimate OS.

"Malke" wrote:

> surfmavk wrote:
>
> > What do you do if an (HP) print driver will not install the print driver
> > for
> > Vista on a XP Home version? This is the conundrum I have been in. I was
> > able to install the driver on my Vista laptop but not the driver needed to
> > share the printer on my XP Home desktop.

> You would never want to install Vista drivers for anything on an XP machine!
> Go to HP's site and get XP drivers and install them on your XP machine.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

The Army Girl

RE: Shared printer connection problem
I am wondering if you all could have resolved your printing problems.
I am running some tests and ran into some problems.
I have vista home, with an HP F4100 connected locally to it, via a usb port.
I shared the printer, but my XP (professional) desk top cannot see my shared
printer, any body knows what I should do?

I could not even see the shared printer, so there is no issue with device
drivers yet.
Some body mentioned XP home, I do not think XP home can see a network
printer, but I may be wrong, let me know if it could.

Thanks.

surfmavk wrote:

> That is exactly what I have done. I went to the HP site and tried to
> download the HP print driver for my printer that would be compatible for
> the
> Vista laptop to share this printer, and it could not install it. I
> downloaded the printer driver onto the laptop just fine so I could use the
> printer via hardwire but have been unsuccessful sharing this printer
> wirelessly. It is the Vista Ultimate OS.

Actually, it appeared from your post that you were installing Vista drivers
onto the XP machine. Unless you are the Original Poster - "VistaKing" -
you've injected your post into his thread. Make a new post and include all
the details about your computers and your problem. Refer to at least some
of these sites for what to include in the post:

How to Post:

Malke

The Army Girl wrote:

> I am wondering if you all could have resolved your printing problems.
> I am running some tests and ran into some problems.
> I have vista home, with an HP F4100 connected locally to it, via a usb
> port. I shared the printer, but my XP (professional) desk top cannot see
> my shared printer, any body knows what I should do?
>
> I could not even see the shared printer, so there is no issue with device
> drivers yet.
> Some body mentioned XP home, I do not think XP home can see a network
> printer, but I may be wrong, let me know if it could.

You are now adding a third person to this thread. Unless you are the