removing a computer from the network in windows vista

Johnny Whaley

removing a computer from the network in windows vista
How do I remove a computer from my home network in vista? I have 3 computers
on my network named Study-1, Study-2, and Angela. Now there is one there
named Study-1-OC. I have no idea where this came from. It is only a name,
no physical computer. Any ideas.
--
jl whaley
BurrWalnut

RE: removing a computer from the network in windows vista
If you mean it’s displayed when you go to the Windows Orb (Start) > Network,
just right-click the icon/tile and delete it.

"Johnny Whaley" wrote:

> How do I remove a computer from my home network in vista? I have 3 computers
> on my network named Study-1, Study-2, and Angela. Now there is one there
> named Study-1-OC. I have no idea where this came from. It is only a name,
> no physical computer. Any ideas.
> --
> jl whaley

Johnny Whaley

RE: removing a computer from the network in windows vista

-- No, I mean it is displayed when I open my network and sharing center
window.
jl whaley

"Johnny Whaley" wrote:

> How do I remove a computer from my home network in vista? I have 3 computers
> on my network named Study-1, Study-2, and Angela. Now there is one there
> named Study-1-OC. I have no idea where this came from. It is only a name,
> no physical computer. Any ideas.
> --
> jl whaley

PaulB

RE: removing a computer from the network in windows vista
This something Microsoft One Care displays. Do you have One Care on Study 1?
--
Paul

"Johnny Whaley" wrote:

> -- No, I mean it is displayed when I open my network and sharing center
> window.
> jl whaley
>

> "Johnny Whaley" wrote:
>
> > How do I remove a computer from my home network in vista? I have 3 computers
> > on my network named Study-1, Study-2, and Angela. Now there is one there
> > named Study-1-OC. I have no idea where this came from. It is only a name,
> > no physical computer. Any ideas.
> > --
> > jl whaley

PaulB

RE: removing a computer from the network in windows vista
These entries in the network for Vista are placed there by OneCare for the
Printer Sharing feature. If you are not using this feature and don't plan to,
you can disable Printer sharing by opening OneCare, clicking Change Settings,
and on the Printer
Sharing tab, uncheck the option for "Automatically share all printers
connected..."
It will probably take a reboot and a refresh of the network to remove the
item from the list after this is done.

--
Paul

"Johnny Whaley" wrote:

> -- No, I mean it is displayed when I open my network and sharing center
> window.
> jl whaley
>

> "Johnny Whaley" wrote:
>
> > How do I remove a computer from my home network in vista? I have 3 computers
> > on my network named Study-1, Study-2, and Angela. Now there is one there
> > named Study-1-OC. I have no idea where this came from. It is only a name,
> > no physical computer. Any ideas.
> > --
> > jl whaley

Johnny Whaley

RE: removing a computer from the network in windows vista
I do have Onecare. This never happened when I was using Norton AV. Thanks
for the help.
--
jl whaley