Double Trouble Network Problems

wkoti

Double Trouble Network Problems

Alright,
I just bought a brand new Elite Group Mother Board and Processor.
So I installed both, clicked on the heat sink.
Then I popped in a new 200GB Sata Seagate Hard Drive.
So I threw everything together and started her up.
So I partitioned the hard drive and tried to put XP Media Center
Edition 2005
No go I over used my product key.
So I said what the hell, I have a Vista Ultimate Laying Around.
Why not try it, well I got it installed, but I had a few difficulties
getting the Mother Board Drivers installed. After a little bit of hassle
and hair pull I got them installed.
Here's where my problem is, I have my Lan Activity Monitor on my task
bar with the no connection red "x" through it. When I hover over it I
get "Connection Status: unknown" message.
So I hit the diagnose and repair, and popped up the diagnose screen
telling me I still had a problem.
1. The network adaptor "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" is
experiencing driver or hardware realated issues.
2. Make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct
So I figured if I could get online with the computer I could figure
these issues out.
So I installed my D-Link Xtreme N Destop Card, and got it running...
But now I have no Lan and I am connected to my router, but it tells me
I'm "Connected with limited access"
I'm trying everything I can just to get on the internet, I figure it
would go alot smoother if I was able to get on the internet. I might be
able to install my Service Pack, and troubleshoot...
BUT NO

So I ran a few Check Disk Pre-Boot operations and got back on...
I keep getting errors when I try to install a downloaded version of SP1

I have so many problems with this box.
I can't turn on Windows Firewall
I can't defrag
I can't open my D-Link Wireless Connection Manager
I can't get alot of my security options to work
I'm getting really frustrated, I'm the type of person to throw a
computer off the roof of my house, so will someone please help a brother
in need?

--
wkoti
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Double Trouble Network Problems
It could be 3rd party software issue. For troubleshooting, start the Vista
with clean boot.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"wkoti" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Alright,
> I just bought a brand new Elite Group Mother Board and Processor.
> So I installed both, clicked on the heat sink.
> Then I popped in a new 200GB Sata Seagate Hard Drive.
> So I threw everything together and started her up.
> So I partitioned the hard drive and tried to put XP Media Center
> Edition 2005
> No go I over used my product key.
> So I said what the hell, I have a Vista Ultimate Laying Around.
> Why not try it, well I got it installed, but I had a few difficulties
> getting the Mother Board Drivers installed. After a little bit of hassle
> and hair pull I got them installed.
> Here's where my problem is, I have my Lan Activity Monitor on my task
> bar with the no connection red "x" through it. When I hover over it I
> get "Connection Status: unknown" message.
> So I hit the diagnose and repair, and popped up the diagnose screen
> telling me I still had a problem.
> 1. The network adaptor "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" is
> experiencing driver or hardware realated issues.
> 2. Make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct
> So I figured if I could get online with the computer I could figure
> these issues out.
> So I installed my D-Link Xtreme N Destop Card, and got it running...
> But now I have no Lan and I am connected to my router, but it tells me
> I'm "Connected with limited access"
> I'm trying everything I can just to get on the internet, I figure it
> would go alot smoother if I was able to get on the internet. I might be
> able to install my Service Pack, and troubleshoot...
> BUT NO
>
> So I ran a few Check Disk Pre-Boot operations and got back on...
> I keep getting errors when I try to install a downloaded version of SP1
>
> I have so many problems with this box.
> I can't turn on Windows Firewall
> I can't defrag
> I can't open my D-Link Wireless Connection Manager
> I can't get alot of my security options to work
> I'm getting really frustrated, I'm the type of person to throw a
> computer off the roof of my house, so will someone please help a brother
> in need?
>

> --
> wkoti

wkoti