Mapped Drive connection randomly lost

LesH

Mapped Drive connection randomly lost
I am running a small office network, 3 machines, using Vista Business, in a
workgroup setting. One of the machines has a mapped drived used as a
"server-drive" repository for shared data. Everything seems to work just
fine and then the drive mapping will be lost and the computers will be unable
to acess the mapped drive. The mapped drive is on my computer and I cannot
access it as a "mapped" drive but I can access it as a local drive. The only
fix sems to be a reboot of my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Mapped Drive connection randomly lost
Any errors in the event viewer?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"LesH" <LesH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running a small office network, 3 machines, using Vista Business, in a
> workgroup setting. One of the machines has a mapped drived used as a
> "server-drive" repository for shared data. Everything seems to work just
> fine and then the drive mapping will be lost and the computers will be
> unable
> to acess the mapped drive. The mapped drive is on my computer and I cannot
> access it as a "mapped" drive but I can access it as a local drive. The
> only
> fix sems to be a reboot of my computer. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

LesH

Re: Mapped Drive connection randomly lost
ve looked through the log. It would appear that there is a fairly repetative
error Source: netbt Event ID: 4321. This error seems to be occuring on an
amzingly regular basis. I have not yet directly correlated this error to the
disk access error. I will check it on the next failure. The text on the error
......Computer name " could not be registered on the interface with IP address
XXXX1. The computer with the IP address xxxx2 did not allow the name to be
claimed by this computer."

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Any errors in the event viewer?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "LesH" <LesH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running a small office network, 3 machines, using Vista Business, in a
> > workgroup setting. One of the machines has a mapped drived used as a
> > "server-drive" repository for shared data. Everything seems to work just
> > fine and then the drive mapping will be lost and the computers will be
> > unable
> > to acess the mapped drive. The mapped drive is on my computer and I cannot
> > access it as a "mapped" drive but I can access it as a local drive. The
> > only
> > fix sems to be a reboot of my computer. Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Mapped Drive connection randomly lost
Have you checked this troubleshooting?
Event ID 4321
Event Source: NetBT Event ID: 4321 Description: The name " Computer
name " could not be registered on the Interface with IP address x.x.x.x .
http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh.../eveny4321.htm