Gaming disconnections

Leonard

Gaming disconnections
I have been using Windows XP on my old desktop and had no problems with
disconnection, until i bought a new computer which came with Vista Home
Premium. I got disconnected from the games, almost every now and then. The
router configurations were not changed, and i even bought a new usb wireless
adapter, but that did not solve the problem as well. Can someone help me with
this?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Gaming disconnections
You may try to disable auto tuning for the test. This how to may help.
Please post back with the result.
Vista IPCONFIG and Network Settings
How to disable Auto-tuning on Windows Vista · How to disable TCP/IPv6
· How to disable ICS public connection in Vista · How to: Enabling ICS on
Vista ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Leonard" <Leonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using Windows XP on my old desktop and had no problems with
> disconnection, until i bought a new computer which came with Vista Home
> Premium. I got disconnected from the games, almost every now and then. The
> router configurations were not changed, and i even bought a new usb
> wireless
> adapter, but that did not solve the problem as well. Can someone help me
> with
> this?

Leonard

Re: Gaming disconnections
Hi there, thanks for the help. But after disabling auto tuning, the game
still disconnects. Are there any other solutions to solving this matter?