Connect to Network, but "Not Connected"???

kkp

Connect to Network, but "Not Connected"???
Hi,

I've been having trouble accessing the internet via my network for approx 1
week.
I have XP and the MS firewall. I updated MS approx 2 days ago (?) but this
problem existed prior to the update.

When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection" tab and the "Choose a
wireless network" section, my home's network is the 1st one listed. Next to
it, it says "Not connected." However, when I left-click on the network, it
states "You are currently connected to this network. To disconnect from this
network, click Disconnect." Not sure what's going on but I can't access the
internet via this network.

My other family member's PC & notebooks can connect to & access the internet
via our network with no problems. I can also connect to & access the
internet using a neighbor's unsecured wireless network (just not my home's
network).

I tried to briefly disable my firewall to see if that helps, but it did not
(not sure if that was a smart move).

Any help would be great.
Thanks a lot.

- kkp

lmmohr

Re: Connect to Network, but "Not Connected"???

Try right-clicking on the Network Connection Icon in the Systray (two
little screens superimposed in lower right corner.) Click on "Diagnose
& Repair" and see what happens.

Larry
K9LMM

--
lmmohr
kkp

Re: Connect to Network, but "Not Connected"???
Hi Larry,

When I right-click on the two little screens superimposed in lower right
corner, my only options are "Change windows firewall settings" & "Open
Network Connections."
I tried opening up the Network Connection tab & looking for "diagnose &
repair" option there, but I can't find it. Do you know where to locate it?

Not sure if this helped, but I went ahead & right-clicked on the single
screen icon in lower right corner, clicked on "repair," and the outcome was
"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
cannot be completed: connecting to the wireless network."

Thanks Larry.

"lmmohr" wrote:

> Try right-clicking on the Network Connection Icon in the Systray (two
> little screens superimposed in lower right corner.) Click on "Diagnose
> & Repair" and see what happens.
>
> Larry
> K9LMM
>

> --
> lmmohr

kkp

Re: Connect to Network, but "Not Connected"???
Hi,
Thanks for your help. I ended up calling Verizon and they fixed the problem
for me. Not quite sure what the problem was, but something along the lines
of issues with Windows Utility.....now switched over to Intel ProSet
Wireless....
Thanks. Problem resolved.