Backup

RipperT

Backup
I want to use the Vista "backup status and configuration" to back up a large
folder of pictures across my network to a folder on the desktop of an XP Pro
machine. The backup program insists on a username and password to access the
XP Pro machine, but there are none set. Both computers can see and access
each others shares.How do I get past this?
Thank you
Ripper

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Backup
Do yo mean you don't have password on XP? For security reason, you do need
to setup a password. Or check this search result.
Vista Password Issues
Vista Security and Password Issues. Access other Vista without asking
password · Can't enable/disable Vista Password Protected Sharing ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapassword.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"RipperT @nOsPaM.nEt>" <<RiPpErT> wrote in message
>I want to use the Vista "backup status and configuration" to back up a
>large
> folder of pictures across my network to a folder on the desktop of an XP
> Pro
> machine. The backup program insists on a username and password to access
> the
> XP Pro machine, but there are none set. Both computers can see and access
> each others shares.How do I get past this?
> Thank you
> Ripper

Eric Cross

Re: Backup
Hello,

The Vista Backup application requires a username and password when
targetting network shares for backing up. There is some additional
requirements that you should know. For more details, please see:

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/arc...ows-vista.aspx

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

"RipperT @nOsPaM.nEt>" <<RiPpErT> wrote in message
>I want to use the Vista "backup status and configuration" to back up a
>large
> folder of pictures across my network to a folder on the desktop of an XP
> Pro
> machine. The backup program insists on a username and password to access
> the
> XP Pro machine, but there are none set. Both computers can see and access
> each others shares.How do I get past this?
> Thank you
> Ripper

RipperT

Re: Backup