Share Windows Printer with my brother (he uses OS X)
1) I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580
2) I am in Vista Ultimate on Vista-only Intel-based PC (non-Apple),
SP1, all updates
2s) He is in Leopard (latest build) on Apple MacPro desktop
3) I have File and Printer Sharing turned on (no password needed)
3a) Printer Sharing is specifically turned on in Network and Sharing
Center (password not necessary)
4) Network is Airport Express configured under OS X Leopard (latest
5) In Vistat, Network is Private, with Printer Sharing specifically
6) Bonjour is installed in Vista, and an exception is added in Windows
Firewall, with correct port open (5353) with UDP access selected.
7) Printer is turned on, connected to USB2.0 port on my computer
8) Printer is not visible in OS X
Question #1: What else do I need to do to make my printer visible on
Question #2: What else does Brother need to do to make my printer
visible iin OS X?
I've suggested that he needs to add an OS X driver for my printer, but
he claims it is not necessary. In any case, it is not visible on his
Specific help will be greatly appreciated.
Please, no anti PC, anti-Apple posts?
We need help, not idiotic "religious" hatred.
Please do not turn this thread into an anti-anything, pro-anything
Donald L McDaniel