VPN Not working and Vista says I am not connected to any networks

RichardTubbs

VPN Not working and Vista says I am not connected to any networks
I have been using VPN connections on Vista for a long time and they have been
working fine up until a while ago. When I try and connect to a VPN it comes
up with a window saying "Failed to connect to NAME" and invites me to
Diagnose, Try Again or Try a different location. I have not made any changes
to my VPN connections and have tried 2 different VPN connections I have and
they both won't work (They do work on XP so it is definately something with
Vista). Also, the network icon in the system tray is stating that I am not
currently connected to any networks when I am!! The Network & Sharing centre
also states I am not connected when I am.
Any one have any ideas as it is starting to become anoying not being able to
connect via VPN when I have been able to do so in the past. Thanks
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VPN Not working and Vista says I am not connected to any networks
Sounds like 3rd party software issue. Can you telnet VPN server port 1723?
Or this search result may help too.
Vista VPN Issues
Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:15 pm Post subject: Vista VPN issues,
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistavpn.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net