Can't share the (My Documents) file to my local Network!

Balema is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't share the (My Documents) file to my local Network!
Hallo guys, I have read many things 10 days now but I can' solve my problem.

I have 2 PCs, one with XP Professional and 1 with the Vista Home Premium! From the Vista I can go anywhere (that I share) to the XP. From the XP I can't go inside the file (My Documents) of the Vista. It tells me that I don't have permission. But I can go to the public of the Vista. I have shared the (My Documents) file I have done them all but still nothing! I don't have firewalls and they are both updated. I beg you please help me!!

Last edited by Balema : 07-08-2008 at 13:14.
Gordon

Re: Can't share the (My Documents) file to my local Network!
Balema wrote:
> Hallo guys, I have read many things 10 days now but I can' solve my
> problem.
>
> I have 2 PCs, one with XP Professional and 1 with the Vista Home
> Premium! From the Vista I can go anywhere (that I share) to the XP. From
> the XP I can't go inside the file (My Documents) of the Vista. It tells
> me that I don't have permission. But I can go to the public of the
> Vista. I have shared the (My Documents) file I have done them all but
> still nothing! I don't have firewalls and they are both updated. I beg
> you please help me!!

That's because what you see on the Vista machine as "My Documents"
isn't. It's just a junction point. What you need to share is
C:/Users/{your account name here}/Documents

HTH

Balema is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thx Friend! Yes I have already done this.

I went ot the users and I have 2:

Public
Takis

I shared the Takis but still when I go to Takis through the XP machine it tells me that I don't have permission. I will smash my laptop!!!!!!!!

I can't share all the account? I mean you are telling me C:/Users/{your account name here}/Documents and I tried the C:/Users/{your account name here}, isn't this doable?
Malke

Balema wrote:

> Thx Friend! Yes I have already done this.
>
> I went ot the users and I have 2:
>
> Public
> Takis
>
> I shared the Takis but still when I go to Takis through the XP machine
> it tells me that I don't have permission. I will smash my laptop!!!!!!!!
>

> I can't share all the account? I mean you are telling me C:/Users/{your
> account name here}/Documents and I tried the C:/Users/{your account name
> here}, isn't this doable?

1. Review Vista file sharing once more here:

2. On XP Pro, disable Simple File Sharing from Folder Options>View tab.

3. On both computers create matching user accounts and passwords on all
machines. You do not need to be logged into the same account on all
machines and the passwords assigned to each user account can be different;
the accounts/passwords just need to exist and match on all machines. DO NOT
NEGLECT TO CREATE PASSWORDS, EVEN IF ONLY SIMPLE ONES. If you wish a
machine to boot directly to the Desktop (into one particular user's
account) for convenience, you can do this. The instructions at this link
work for both XP and Vista:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

4. Now you should be able to share out c:\users\[youruseracct]\Documents as
desired and you will not get "access denied".

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!