Can not share printers since SP1 upgrade

Bob

Can not share printers since SP1 upgrade
I am running 2 Vista PC's and was sharing 2 printers on a deskktop with a
laptop computer. Since the upgrade I can share files but when I try to
activate to share on the laptop I can see both printers but I get the
following message when I try to connect to the printers. "Windows cannot
connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly, and
that the printer is connected to the network."

Any sugestions would be appreciated. I could not find anything in any

Thanks,
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can not share printers since SP1 upgrade
Try to install the printer locally and then remap it as network printer.
This post may help too.
Vista: cannot connect to the ...
Jun 14, 2008 ... I have recently upgraded my main computer to Vista HP
but now I can't connect to my networked Brother printer which is connected
to my ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=996

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running 2 Vista PC's and was sharing 2 printers on a deskktop with a
> laptop computer. Since the upgrade I can share files but when I try to
> activate to share on the laptop I can see both printers but I get the
> following message when I try to connect to the printers. "Windows cannot
> connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly,
> and
> that the printer is connected to the network."
>
> Any sugestions would be appreciated. I could not find anything in any
>
> Thanks,

Bob

Re: Can not share printers since SP1 upgrade
I tried both of your suggestions and neither worked. I still end up with the
same message as my original post.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.
Bob

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try to install the printer locally and then remap it as network printer.
> This post may help too.
> Vista: cannot connect to the ...
> Jun 14, 2008 ... I have recently upgraded my main computer to Vista HP
> but now I can't connect to my networked Brother printer which is connected
> to my ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=996
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running 2 Vista PC's and was sharing 2 printers on a deskktop with a
> > laptop computer. Since the upgrade I can share files but when I try to
> > activate to share on the laptop I can see both printers but I get the
> > following message when I try to connect to the printers. "Windows cannot
> > connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly,
> > and
> > that the printer is connected to the network."
> >
> > Any sugestions would be appreciated. I could not find anything in any
> >
> > Thanks,

Bob

Re: Can not share printers since SP1 upgrade
I have borrowed a PC runiing Windows XP and I can connect to the Vista
desktop with the printers attached and am able to connect to the printers
without problem but still cannot connect to the printers from the Vista
laptop.

Don't know if this is of any help, but hope that it is.

Bob