Dials up on it's own!!

husky13

Dials up on it's own!!
Hi all, I have just brought a sony Vaio NR series so verything is great
except each time I turn on or Restart it dials mu internet connection!!! It
does connect and all i have to do is click on IE icon and hey presto! and off
on the internet. But this is soooo frustrating, i want to be able to start
the connection on my own and not for it to dial automatically at Start up and
Restart! I have "Always dial my default connection" checked, I have no
programs running with a kind of their own either. I did contact sony but not
much help really, they just asked to disable programs which seemed to be
running as I said. I am at my wits end. Windows XP was never this
complicated!! Any suggestions would be very much welcomed..thank you in
advance...
husky13
Gordon

Re: Dials up on it's own!!
"husky13" <husky13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I have just brought a sony Vaio NR series so verything is great
> except each time I turn on or Restart it dials mu internet connection!!!
> It
> does connect and all i have to do is click on IE icon and hey presto! and
> off
> on the internet. But this is soooo frustrating, i want to be able to start
> the connection on my own and not for it to dial automatically at Start up
> and
> Restart! I have "Always dial my default connection" checked, I have no
> programs running with a kind of their own either. I did contact sony but
> not
> much help really, they just asked to disable programs which seemed to be
> running as I said. I am at my wits end. Windows XP was never this
> complicated!! Any suggestions would be very much welcomed..thank you in
> advance...
> husky13

You've had two replies to your previous post....

Mick Murphy

RE: Dials up on it's own!!
My, my!
Impatient, are we?
People help here for free; don't be demanding!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"husky13" wrote:

> Hi all, I have just brought a sony Vaio NR series so verything is great
> except each time I turn on or Restart it dials mu internet connection!!! It
> does connect and all i have to do is click on IE icon and hey presto! and off
> on the internet. But this is soooo frustrating, i want to be able to start
> the connection on my own and not for it to dial automatically at Start up and
> Restart! I have "Always dial my default connection" checked, I have no
> programs running with a kind of their own either. I did contact sony but not
> much help really, they just asked to disable programs which seemed to be
> running as I said. I am at my wits end. Windows XP was never this
> complicated!! Any suggestions would be very much welcomed..thank you in
> advance...
> husky13

husky13

RE: Dials up on it's own!!
Hi there, sorry but I am not demanding (infact very far from it) and I
believe you have misunderstood! The reason i posted it a second time is
because I don't think I explained very well the first time and gave the idea
that i did not "connect" and this is why I posted a second time.I wanted to
add this to my original first post but did not want to add further confusion.
I certainly understand this is for free and it is very much appreciated. ok?
bye bye.
--
husky13