Network Connection Password

tonyfelloni

Network Connection Password

Hi Guys

I have a laptop running Vista conncted to a wireless router. I have a PC
running XP connected to the same router via ethernet cable. I have mapped a
network drive on each computer for the other computer so I can access shared
files and printers. (This is working)

I would like to know if it is possible to password protect this network to
limit access to the shared folders from other users of the network? A one
time only password would be ideal.

I would appreciate some advise on the possibility of password protecting the
Vista laptop and or the XP Pc (Home version)

Many Thanks

Tony
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Network Connection Password
HI
The following links provide info about Vista, and XP Sharing they include
sections about sharing permissions.
If you do not like the method used by Windows Native system, you can search
the Internet for term like Folder lock, Folder password. There is 3rd party
application that use other approaches to folder protection.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357