Disappearing Network Location???

Ed H

Disappearing Network Location???
Sometimes. . . I can see the memory card installed on my HP printer and can
access it through my desktop and notebook as a drive (Z:\). Other times it
just disappears and even if I type in the address it can not be found. Sure
would like to know how to keep this available.

I have a desktop (XP) and a notebook (Vista x64) connected to a wireless
router; both the desktop and the printer are connected via Ethernet cable.

Thank you,
Ed
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Disappearing Network Location???
Hi
If you want to make sure that you always see it Map it and give it a Drive
Letter.
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Map-Network-Drive
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ed H" <edandsandy@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> Sometimes. . . I can see the memory card installed on my HP printer and
> can access it through my desktop and notebook as a drive (Z:\). Other
> times it just disappears and even if I type in the address it can not be
> found. Sure would like to know how to keep this available.
>
> I have a desktop (XP) and a notebook (Vista x64) connected to a wireless
> router; both the desktop and the printer are connected via Ethernet cable.
>
> Thank you,
> Ed
> --
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
> Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
> 4.00 GB RAM
> 300 GB HDD

Ed H

Re: Disappearing Network Location???
Thank you Jack, that did the trick.

Ed
--

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> If you want to make sure that you always see it Map it and give it a Drive
> Letter.
> http://www.vista4beginners.com/Map-Network-Drive
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Ed H" <edandsandy@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> Sometimes. . . I can see the memory card installed on my HP printer and
>> can access it through my desktop and notebook as a drive (Z:\). Other
>> times it just disappears and even if I type in the address it can not be
>> found. Sure would like to know how to keep this available.
>>
>> I have a desktop (XP) and a notebook (Vista x64) connected to a wireless
>> router; both the desktop and the printer are connected via Ethernet
>> cable.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Ed
>> --
>>
>> Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
>> Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
>> 4.00 GB RAM
>> 300 GB HDD

Ed H

Re: Disappearing Network Location???
Actually. . . though the drive is now mapped and under "Network" I see the
folder, that's excellent, but I'm still curious. The first icon in which I
inquired about earlier still is playing Houdini games. It is listed under
"Computer/Network Devices" when visible. it gives the ip address of the
printer and the drive letter "Z:\" ???
--

> Thank you Jack, that did the trick.
>
> Ed
> --
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
> Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
> 4.00 GB RAM
> 300 GB HDD
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> If you want to make sure that you always see it Map it and give it a
>> Drive Letter.
>> http://www.vista4beginners.com/Map-Network-Drive
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Ed H" <edandsandy@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes. . . I can see the memory card installed on my HP printer and
>>> can access it through my desktop and notebook as a drive (Z:\). Other
>>> times it just disappears and even if I type in the address it can not be
>>> found. Sure would like to know how to keep this available.
>>>
>>> I have a desktop (XP) and a notebook (Vista x64) connected to a wireless
>>> router; both the desktop and the printer are connected via Ethernet
>>> cable.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Ed
>>> --
>>>
>>> Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
>>> Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
>>> 4.00 GB RAM
>>> 300 GB HDD

Ed H

Re: Disappearing Network Location???
Sorry that was "Computer\Network Location."