Internet

Patrick D.

Internet
Hi

My customers Windows Vista Home Premium often cannot access Internet with
IE7 or Firefox.
At the same time the computer is still able to look TV with zattoo.com,
which shows, that the connection to the internet is still ok.
What's the reason?

Patrick
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

Re: Internet
Dunno. What kind of error message do they get when they try? They
"often" cannot access Internet? Does that mean that often they can?

What part of the Internet are they failing to connect to?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> My customers Windows Vista Home Premium often cannot access Internet with
> IE7 or Firefox.
> At the same time the computer is still able to look TV with zattoo.com,
> which shows, that the connection to the internet is still ok.
> What's the reason?
>
> Patrick

Patrick D.

Re: Internet
Hi Ben

Thanks for your answer.
"Often" is exactly the point. Sometimes, sometimes not. As soon as you are
not able anymore to access the internet via browser you need to reboot.
There is no error-message: The browser simply waits for the page with no
end. If I wouldn't know, that zattoo-tv works, I would be shure, that there
is no internet connection at all.

Have you got an idea?

Patrick

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:

> Dunno. What kind of error message do they get when they try? They
> "often" cannot access Internet? Does that mean that often they can?
>
> What part of the Internet are they failing to connect to?
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>

> "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi
> >
> > My customers Windows Vista Home Premium often cannot access Internet with
> > IE7 or Firefox.
> > At the same time the computer is still able to look TV with zattoo.com,
> > which shows, that the connection to the internet is still ok.
> > What's the reason?
> >
> > Patrick

Mick Murphy

Re: Internet
Things to try
1. If your customer is using a Router, update the Firmware.
2. update Network Adaptor drivers.
3. right-click Network connection>Properties> unbind TCP/IPv6.
4. Start IE7 with no add-ons.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Patrick D." wrote:

> Hi Ben
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> "Often" is exactly the point. Sometimes, sometimes not. As soon as you are
> not able anymore to access the internet via browser you need to reboot.
> There is no error-message: The browser simply waits for the page with no
> end. If I wouldn't know, that zattoo-tv works, I would be shure, that there
> is no internet connection at all.
>
> Have you got an idea?
>
> Patrick
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:
>
> > Dunno. What kind of error message do they get when they try? They
> > "often" cannot access Internet? Does that mean that often they can?
> >
> > What part of the Internet are they failing to connect to?
> >
> > --
> > -Ben-
> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >

> > "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > My customers Windows Vista Home Premium often cannot access Internet with
> > > IE7 or Firefox.
> > > At the same time the computer is still able to look TV with zattoo.com,
> > > which shows, that the connection to the internet is still ok.
> > > What's the reason?
> > >
> > > Patrick

Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

Re: Internet
Mick gave you some good tips. You might also check and see what your
DNS settings are - this is a home machine, right? Do you have Vista SP1
installed? What kind of firewall/routers are you using?

--

> Hi Ben
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> "Often" is exactly the point. Sometimes, sometimes not. As soon as you are
> not able anymore to access the internet via browser you need to reboot.
> There is no error-message: The browser simply waits for the page with no
> end. If I wouldn't know, that zattoo-tv works, I would be shure, that there
> is no internet connection at all.
>
> Have you got an idea?
>
> Patrick
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:
>

> > Dunno. What kind of error message do they get when they try? They
> > "often" cannot access Internet? Does that mean that often they can?
> >
> > What part of the Internet are they failing to connect to?
> >
> > --
> > -Ben-
> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >

> > "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > > Hi
> > >
> > > My customers Windows Vista Home Premium often cannot access Internet with
> > > IE7 or Firefox.
> > > At the same time the computer is still able to look TV with zattoo.com,
> > > which shows, that the connection to the internet is still ok.
> > > What's the reason?
> > >
> > > Patrick

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Internet
Hi
To avoid unnecessary trial and error you need to find out what is the
phenomenon and provide info.
Just stating the general problem is like saying "Help me I can not use my
Car".
Jack (MVP-Networking).