Vista & XP in wireless home network

Paul G

Vista & XP in wireless home network
I used to think that I was starting to get to know my way around some
computer functions,,, setups,,, etc... my latest homebuilt is running Vista
64X,,, it has an AMD quad core Phenom 9600 (2.3 GHz), using 6 gb DDR2 ram,,,
I have recently bought a new wireless router,,, the Linksys WRT310N, now I
CAN get on the internet,, so I know that part is working fine,,, I cannot
seem to figure out how to access and shares folders between my older laptop
which is running Windows XP SP3 and the new system0,,, the laptop also can
get on the internet through it’s built-in wireless adapter,,, so I know that
it also is accessing and talking to the router successfully. The old way of
setting up a wireless network does not seem to be working anymore,,, or there
is some conflict with one of the OS’s not talking to the other,,, imagine
that…. Microsoft ???? Nah,,,,, Please,,, any help here,,, would be very much
appreciated… Thank you!!!
--
Paul G
Mick Murphy