Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

No Internet Connection-Need Help Urgently

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2008
Shallaque
 

Posts: n/a
No Internet Connection-Need Help Urgently
First let me say, I know totally nothing about wireless networking. Anyway, I
just did some home networking and i need help. I have an XP desktop and
recently bought a laptop(VISTA) about a month ago. My XP has the internet and
i recently bought a Linksys wireless router. Like i said earlier, i am very
new to networking so i had linksys walk me through the entire network
process. This worked perfectly for about a week and then I now sometimes
loose internet connection on both the XP and the laptop. Anytime this happens
I have to call my ISP and they just tell me to turn off and turn the desktop
back on. Can I please know what causes the sudden loss of the intternet
connection on my desktop (it has the modem and the router). Thanks in advance.
--
Peace
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: No Internet Connection-Need Help Urgently
1 You might have to update the Firmware for vista compatibility in your router.
Check at the router's manufacturer's website.

2. Update Network Adaptor Drivers in laptop

3. In network connection>properties> unbind TCP/IPv6(untick it)
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Shallaque" wrote:

> First let me say, I know totally nothing about wireless networking. Anyway, I
> just did some home networking and i need help. I have an XP desktop and
> recently bought a laptop(VISTA) about a month ago. My XP has the internet and
> i recently bought a Linksys wireless router. Like i said earlier, i am very
> new to networking so i had linksys walk me through the entire network
> process. This worked perfectly for about a week and then I now sometimes
> loose internet connection on both the XP and the laptop. Anytime this happens
> I have to call my ISP and they just tell me to turn off and turn the desktop
> back on. Can I please know what causes the sudden loss of the intternet
> connection on my desktop (it has the modem and the router). Thanks in advance.
> --
> Peace

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2008
Shallaque
 

Posts: n/a
RE: No Internet Connection-Need Help Urgently
Thank you Mick. I will go ahead and try what you told me. I will relay the
results kack to you
--
Peace


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> 1 You might have to update the Firmware for vista compatibility in your router.
> Check at the router's manufacturer's website.
>
> 2. Update Network Adaptor Drivers in laptop
>
> 3. In network connection>properties> unbind TCP/IPv6(untick it)
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>
>
> "Shallaque" wrote:
>
> > First let me say, I know totally nothing about wireless networking. Anyway, I
> > just did some home networking and i need help. I have an XP desktop and
> > recently bought a laptop(VISTA) about a month ago. My XP has the internet and
> > i recently bought a Linksys wireless router. Like i said earlier, i am very
> > new to networking so i had linksys walk me through the entire network
> > process. This worked perfectly for about a week and then I now sometimes
> > loose internet connection on both the XP and the laptop. Anytime this happens
> > I have to call my ISP and they just tell me to turn off and turn the desktop
> > back on. Can I please know what causes the sudden loss of the intternet
> > connection on my desktop (it has the modem and the router). Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > Peace

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: No Internet Connection-Need Help Urgently

Please do. It helps others here!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia


"Shallaque" wrote:

> Thank you Mick. I will go ahead and try what you told me. I will relay the
> results kack to you
> --
> Peace
>
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > 1 You might have to update the Firmware for vista compatibility in your router.
> > Check at the router's manufacturer's website.
> >
> > 2. Update Network Adaptor Drivers in laptop
> >
> > 3. In network connection>properties> unbind TCP/IPv6(untick it)
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
> >
> >
> > "Shallaque" wrote:
> >
> > > First let me say, I know totally nothing about wireless networking. Anyway, I
> > > just did some home networking and i need help. I have an XP desktop and
> > > recently bought a laptop(VISTA) about a month ago. My XP has the internet and
> > > i recently bought a Linksys wireless router. Like i said earlier, i am very
> > > new to networking so i had linksys walk me through the entire network
> > > process. This worked perfectly for about a week and then I now sometimes
> > > loose internet connection on both the XP and the laptop. Anytime this happens
> > > I have to call my ISP and they just tell me to turn off and turn the desktop
> > > back on. Can I please know what causes the sudden loss of the intternet
> > > connection on my desktop (it has the modem and the router). Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > Peace

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Connection with a seperate Media Sharing Connection? Tetsu microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 03-13-2008 17:46
Urgently need help with product Key charlotte microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 2 01-13-2008 23:44
need HELP URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! t-bar20@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 01-13-2008 17:13
Article ID: 937168 After you configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows Vista, the network connection stops working after one-to-two hours KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Vista DVD Maker big problem.... Help required urgently John Lewis microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 09-12-2007 01:40




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120