Is Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP Pro?

RJ Waring

Is Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP Pro?
Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP Pro network? I have ordered
a new laptop that has Windows Vista Business, but my client is running their
network on Windows XP Pro. I need to use the laptop at the client site, and
be on their network. Will I run into any problems b/c my laptop has Windows
Vista Business, and their network is running on Windows XP Pro?

Thank you......
Malke

Re: Is Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP Pro?
RJ Waring wrote:

> Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP Pro network? I have
> ordered a new laptop that has Windows Vista Business, but my client is
> running their
> network on Windows XP Pro. I need to use the laptop at the client site,
> and
> be on their network. Will I run into any problems b/c my laptop has
> Windows Vista Business, and their network is running on Windows XP Pro?

I don't know why you needed to post this so many times, but there is no
problem in having a Windows Vista machine - any version - on a network with
Windows XP - any version.

Sharing in Vista. Includes details about sharing printers as well as files
and folders:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

RJ Waring

Re: Is Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP Pro?
Thanks for responding. It didn't look like the posting was going through,
and then ofcourse, all 3 get posted. I really appreciate the info

"Malke" wrote:

> RJ Waring wrote:
>
> > Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP Pro network? I have
> > ordered a new laptop that has Windows Vista Business, but my client is
> > running their
> > network on Windows XP Pro. I need to use the laptop at the client site,
> > and
> > be on their network. Will I run into any problems b/c my laptop has
> > Windows Vista Business, and their network is running on Windows XP Pro?

> I don't know why you needed to post this so many times, but there is no
> problem in having a Windows Vista machine - any version - on a network with
> Windows XP - any version.
>
> Excellent, thorough, yet easy to understand article about File/Printer
> Sharing in Vista. Includes details about sharing printers as well as files
> and folders:

> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Mick Murphy

Re: Is Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP Pro?
How to Network XP and Vista.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON