How do I connect a VISTA PC to an XP PC?

Robert Judge

How do I connect a VISTA PC to an XP PC?
I have a new desktop running VISTA and an old desktop running XP. They share
a modem to connect to the internet.

I used the "Easy Transfer" process to copy the XP files to the VISTA PC. I
have found some shareware that claims to allow me to be able to continue to
synchronize the files between the computers. I would like to connect these
two computers, in order to do so.

How do I connect the computers?
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: How do I connect a VISTA PC to an XP PC?
Hi
Two computers should not share a Modem if you want to Network them.
Check you Modem it might be that it is a modem/Router combo.
If it is Not a Modem/Router, buy a Cable/DSL Router, connect it to the Modem
and plug the two computers to the LAN side of the Router.
Once the hardware is done configure the computer sharing system.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Robert Judge" <RobertJudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new desktop running VISTA and an old desktop running XP. They
>share
> a modem to connect to the internet.
>
> I used the "Easy Transfer" process to copy the XP files to the VISTA PC.
> have found some shareware that claims to allow me to be able to continue
> synchronize the files between the computers. I would like to connect
> these
> two computers, in order to do so.
>
> How do I connect the computers?

Mick Murphy

RE: How do I connect a VISTA PC to an XP PC?

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)