Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP pro

RJ Waring

Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP pro
Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP pro network????
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP pro
Sure, what's the problem?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"RJ Waring" <RJ Waring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP pro network????

RJ Waring

Re: Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP pro
Thanks for responding

No problem yet. I receive my new laptop next week which has Windows Vista
Business. My client is running their network on XP Pro, and I'll need to
hook into their network with the new laptop which has Vista Business. The
client was not sure if the laptop would be able to work with their network.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Sure, what's the problem?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "RJ Waring" <RJ Waring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Will Windows Vista Business run on a Windows XP pro network????

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Windows Vista Business compatible with Windows XP pro
The following how to may help.
Vista Network Sharing
Vista Network Sharing. How to access a sharing printer in Vista · How
to add a network location (place) in Vista · How to check or setup Windows
Vista home ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/networksharing.htm - Similar pages

Vista How to
IPCONFIG and Network Settings · Network Sharing · Manage UAC in Vista
· Vista Offline Files .... How to: disable Vista password protected sharing
.. ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vista.htm - Similar pages

How to share files or a folder in Vista
Sharing permissions can be granted to an individual or to a group of
users on the same network. For example, you might allow some people to only
view your ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/sharingfolders.htm