download speed much slower than should be

Emmanuel

download speed much slower than should be
I have comcast and I have the 100 magabyte plan for the internet. I have my
computer running on a wireless network in my house. The connections great
and I have an N router. But when I download, it goes at an alarming speed of
20-30k. My friend came by with his laptop and he's running xp and his
downloaded at 800kb's and up on my connection while I have vista and am
downloading at 20-30kb. I've searched many articles and forums but couldn't
get any help. So if anyone had any way of helping me, it would be extremely
appreciated.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: download speed much slower than should be
For a test, disable auto tuning. Please post back with the result.
Vista IPCONFIG and Network Settings
How to change the binding order of network providers · How to disable
Auto-tuning on Windows Vista · How to disable TCP/IPv6 ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Emmanuel" <Emmanuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have comcast and I have the 100 magabyte plan for the internet. I have my
> computer running on a wireless network in my house. The connections great
> and I have an N router. But when I download, it goes at an alarming speed
> of
> 20-30k. My friend came by with his laptop and he's running xp and his
> downloaded at 800kb's and up on my connection while I have vista and am
> downloading at 20-30kb. I've searched many articles and forums but
> couldn't
> get any help. So if anyone had any way of helping me, it would be
> extremely
> appreciated.

Emmanuel

RE: download speed much slower than should be
ok I just tried that and it said this:set global command failed on IPv$ The
operation requires elevation

and if you need to know about my global parameters they are

recieve-side Scaling state:enabled
Chimney offload state:disabled
Recieve window auto-tuning level:highlyrestricted
Add-on congestion control provider:none
ECN capabliity:disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps:disabled

I dont know if these will affect anything but just in case =)