Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops

Tonythenavigator

Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops
In Vista on PC with ethernet link to radio router, in "Network" I can see the
router, and all computers on the network (the PC and two laptops). In
"Sharing and Discovery" - "Show me all the shared network folders on this
computer" shows C: drive, Gexternal) drive, printer, etc. The PC can get to
the shared folders on the laptops running on XP.
However the laptops cannot access the PC and get at the shared folders.
The Vista PC can ping both laptops but the laptops cannot ping the PC or
each other.
Any ideas gratefully received - I'm worn out!!
Hans-Georg Michna

Re: Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:10:01 -0700, Tonythenavigator wrote:

>In Vista on PC with ethernet link to radio router, in "Network" I can see the
>router, and all computers on the network (the PC and two laptops). In
>"Sharing and Discovery" - "Show me all the shared network folders on this
>computer" shows C: drive, Gexternal) drive, printer, etc. The PC can get to
>the shared folders on the laptops running on XP.
>However the laptops cannot access the PC and get at the shared folders.
>The Vista PC can ping both laptops but the laptops cannot ping the PC or
>each other.
>Any ideas gratefully received - I'm worn out!!

Please read http://winhlp.com/node/179 .

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Mick Murphy

RE: Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops
Have a read below.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON