Automatic wireless network configuration

Niklas

Automatic wireless network configuration
I connected to a wireless (BT) router for over 6 months without any problem.
Suddenly my wireless adaptor canno "see" any wireless router, even those used
by neighbours etc. Windows (VISTA Business) tried to repair the problem but I
keep getting "Automatic wireless configuration is disabled on this computer".
How do I enable this? Thanks for your time.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Automatic wireless network configuration
click Start, type services.msc. Make sure the WLAN AutoConfig is running. If
not, start it.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Niklas" <Niklas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I connected to a wireless (BT) router for over 6 months without any
>problem.
> Suddenly my wireless adaptor canno "see" any wireless router, even those
> used
> by neighbours etc. Windows (VISTA Business) tried to repair the problem
> but I
> keep getting "Automatic wireless configuration is disabled on this
> computer".
> How do I enable this? Thanks for your time.

Stu Rundlett

Re: Automatic wireless network configuration
I have a similar problem in Windows Vista Home Premium. The WLAN Auto Config
service is not running. When I try to start it, it doesn't start because a
service it depends on is not running. The first dependency listed is
"KeyIso". That is not running either. When I try to start it, I get "Windows
could not start the KeyIso service on Local Computer. Error 193 0xc1". Any
suggestions? Thanks.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> click Start, type services.msc. Make sure the WLAN AutoConfig is running. If
> not, start it.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Niklas" <Niklas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I connected to a wireless (BT) router for over 6 months without any
> >problem.
> > Suddenly my wireless adaptor canno "see" any wireless router, even those
> > used
> > by neighbours etc. Windows (VISTA Business) tried to repair the problem
> > but I
> > keep getting "Automatic wireless configuration is disabled on this
> > computer".
> > How do I enable this? Thanks for your time.

greengenie

Re: Automatic wireless network configuration
Anyone know how to fix a similar issue with Windows XP?

Just installed latest Windows security updates, and now my PC can't 'see'
any wireless networks