Failure to dectect network hardware/driver.

chriswc1989

Failure to dectect network hardware/driver.
Randomly, after a reboot, I'll have no connection to my network or the
internet and the network manager says that it cannot start my networking
hardware or the driver, rebooting until it is started fixes the non-starting
driver/or hardware. This started to happen with my onboard ethernet adapter,
so i went out and bought a Lynksys LNE100TX, and now it is experiencing the
same problem, so I'm assuming its a windows problem. After googling, I've
come up with nothing. So basically:

sometimes network hardware fails to start on boot, rebooting until problem
goes away seems to be only solution right now
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Failure to dectect network hardware/driver.
Have you check the hardware is compatible with Vista? Or the Vista Upgrade
Advisor may help.
Vista Troubleshooting Tools
Vista Troubleshooting Tools. Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=2142. Many Vista issues
can be fixed ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistatools.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"chriswc1989" <chriswc1989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Randomly, after a reboot, I'll have no connection to my network or the
> internet and the network manager says that it cannot start my networking
> hardware or the driver, rebooting until it is started fixes the
> non-starting
> driver/or hardware. This started to happen with my onboard ethernet
> adapter,
> so i went out and bought a Lynksys LNE100TX, and now it is experiencing
> the
> same problem, so I'm assuming its a windows problem. After googling, I've
> come up with nothing. So basically:
>
> sometimes network hardware fails to start on boot, rebooting until problem
> goes away seems to be only solution right now

Mick Murphy

RE: Failure to dectect network hardware/driver.
1 make sure you have the latest router Firmware
2 Latest driver for Network adaptor
3 In your Network Connection, try unbinding TCP/IPv6
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia