CAn't Print To a Shared Printer on XP Machine

ansonee

CAn't Print To a Shared Printer on XP Machine
I have been trying to - with ZERO luck - to print to a printer that is
shared on my network. I'm able to print using any of my other laptops/
PC's (all of which are XP and Windows Server 2003), but cannot print
from my Vista Home Premium laptop.

I've domne everything imaginable. If I plug the printer in locally, it
of course sees it just fine and installs the proper drivers, so I know
the drivers are there.

Why is everything so difficult with Vista?
Mick Murphy

RE: CAn't Print To a Shared Printer on XP Machine
First of all, make sure your Network is set up properly!
Then, in Vista's Network and Sharing>Click on Add Network Device> Browse to
the XP's printer, and follow prompts to install it.
By your post, you have the Vista compatible Drivers to install on the Vista
machine.

AND, run XP's Wizard for file and printer sharing!!!!!
See below.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON