Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network

Imnotatechie2ru

Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network
Hi,

I recently purchased a Vista 32 Bit Home Premium operating system on a new
Dell computer. It was much faster than my old XP but some of my multi-media
software would still freeze on me.

So I purchased a 64 Bit Vista operating system. I now have both the 32 Bit
Vista and the 64 Bit Vista installed on my new Dell computer. But I can only
log into one operating system at a time.

But after getting all of that set up I am seeing that the available memory
on my 64 Bit Vista hovers between 40% to 65% compared to my 32 Bit Vista
which hovers between 75% to 100%. So I am expecting more software freezes and
other such problems from the 64 Bit OS.

I have ordered additional memory and hopefully that will help.

But in case it does not do that much I am hoping that I can create a Shared
Network between the two operating systems and that I would then be able to
access my software that is installed on my 64 Bit OS from my 32 Bit OS and
visa versa.

On my 64 Bit Vista - My Drive L is my 32 Bit Vista's C Drive. The Main drive
on my 64 Bit Vista is C of course.

On my 32 Bit Vista - My Drive D is my 64 Bit Vista's C Drive. Drive C is my
32 Bit Vista's main drive (which is Drive L on my 64 Bit Vista).

So my question is, how would I set up a Shared Network between the two
operating systems so that I could access the software that resides on one OS
from the other OS?

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who can wrap their head around all
this :-)

Thanks,
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network
You have to have the Software Programs installed on both operating Systems.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Imnotatechie2ru" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a Vista 32 Bit Home Premium operating system on a new
> Dell computer. It was much faster than my old XP but some of my multi-media
> software would still freeze on me.
>
> So I purchased a 64 Bit Vista operating system. I now have both the 32 Bit
> Vista and the 64 Bit Vista installed on my new Dell computer. But I can only
> log into one operating system at a time.
>
> But after getting all of that set up I am seeing that the available memory
> on my 64 Bit Vista hovers between 40% to 65% compared to my 32 Bit Vista
> which hovers between 75% to 100%. So I am expecting more software freezes and
> other such problems from the 64 Bit OS.
>
> I have ordered additional memory and hopefully that will help.
>
> But in case it does not do that much I am hoping that I can create a Shared
> Network between the two operating systems and that I would then be able to
> access my software that is installed on my 64 Bit OS from my 32 Bit OS and
> visa versa.
>
> On my 64 Bit Vista - My Drive L is my 32 Bit Vista's C Drive. The Main drive
> on my 64 Bit Vista is C of course.
>
> On my 32 Bit Vista - My Drive D is my 64 Bit Vista's C Drive. Drive C is my
> 32 Bit Vista's main drive (which is Drive L on my 64 Bit Vista).
>
> So my question is, how would I set up a Shared Network between the two
> operating systems so that I could access the software that resides on one OS
> from the other OS?
>
> Any help would be appreciated from anyone who can wrap their head around all
> this :-)
>
> Thanks,

Imnotatechie2ru

RE: Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network
Hi Mick,

Is there any way around that?

The licensing on some software only allows it on one computer.

Would a Shared Network not give me access to the software installed on my
other OS on my computer?

Imnotatechie2ru

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You have to have the Software Programs installed on both operating Systems.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Imnotatechie2ru" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently purchased a Vista 32 Bit Home Premium operating system on a new
> > Dell computer. It was much faster than my old XP but some of my multi-media
> > software would still freeze on me.
> >
> > So I purchased a 64 Bit Vista operating system. I now have both the 32 Bit
> > Vista and the 64 Bit Vista installed on my new Dell computer. But I can only
> > log into one operating system at a time.
> >
> > But after getting all of that set up I am seeing that the available memory
> > on my 64 Bit Vista hovers between 40% to 65% compared to my 32 Bit Vista
> > which hovers between 75% to 100%. So I am expecting more software freezes and
> > other such problems from the 64 Bit OS.
> >
> > I have ordered additional memory and hopefully that will help.
> >
> > But in case it does not do that much I am hoping that I can create a Shared
> > Network between the two operating systems and that I would then be able to
> > access my software that is installed on my 64 Bit OS from my 32 Bit OS and
> > visa versa.
> >
> > On my 64 Bit Vista - My Drive L is my 32 Bit Vista's C Drive. The Main drive
> > on my 64 Bit Vista is C of course.
> >
> > On my 32 Bit Vista - My Drive D is my 64 Bit Vista's C Drive. Drive C is my
> > 32 Bit Vista's main drive (which is Drive L on my 64 Bit Vista).
> >
> > So my question is, how would I set up a Shared Network between the two
> > operating systems so that I could access the software that resides on one OS
> > from the other OS?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated from anyone who can wrap their head around all
> > this :-)
> >
> > Thanks,

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network
No!
You do not have a Server/Client setup on your computer!
You have 2 partitions,
2 Operating Systems, and you will be dual booting!
There is no way around it!
You boot into 1 or the other.
All your software has to be installed on both OSs (such as Office, Adobe,
flash, etc)
They are totally indepentent of each other..

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia