resetting network adapter

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: resetting network adapter
Hi
The Wireless Router can be reset, Wireless adapters can be only Enable or
Disable.
You can create batch files that do Enabling/Disabling using the ipconfig
/release and ipconfig /renew commend line.
However there is No reason to do this unless there is something configured
wrong, or your Wireless hardware is problematic.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems many people have problems with Internet connections in Vista. I
> am
> one of them and have gone through all the discussions looking for a
> solution
> - nothing so far!!
>
> What seems to work is a script that automatically resets the adapter on
> start up.
>
> Can somebody send me such a script with simple instructions?
>
> Thanks
>

> Rob

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: resetting network adapter
It depends on what you mean resets the adapter. For example, to reset TCP/IP
as following how to, you may create a batch file with this line: netsh int
ip reset.

How to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on Vista1. netsh int ip reset. In
Windows XP and 2003, you can reset TCP/IP by using this command line: netsh
int ip reset resetlog.txt. For Windows Vista, you need ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/removetcpip.htm

However, this is not good solution. It is beter to fix the problem.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems many people have problems with Internet connections in Vista. I
> am
> one of them and have gone through all the discussions looking for a
> solution
> - nothing so far!!
>
> What seems to work is a script that automatically resets the adapter on
> start up.
>
> Can somebody send me such a script with simple instructions?
>
> Thanks
>

> Rob

robm

Re: resetting network adapter
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that there oare many people looking for a solution to this
problem and you can easily go round in circles.

As I am doing!!!

The really frustrating thing is that when connected all is fine!!

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It depends on what you mean resets the adapter. For example, to reset TCP/IP
> as following how to, you may create a batch file with this line: netsh int
> ip reset.
>
> How to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on Vista1. netsh int ip reset. In
> Windows XP and 2003, you can reset TCP/IP by using this command line: netsh
> int ip reset resetlog.txt. For Windows Vista, you need ...
> www.howtonetworking.com/vista/removetcpip.htm
>

> However, this is not good solution. It is beter to fix the problem.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It seems many people have problems with Internet connections in Vista. I
> > am
> > one of them and have gone through all the discussions looking for a
> > solution
> > - nothing so far!!
> >
> > What seems to work is a script that automatically resets the adapter on
> > start up.
> >
> > Can somebody send me such a script with simple instructions?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Rob

robm

Re: resetting network adapter
More info

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2008/0...-connectivity/

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2008/0...ate-conundrum/

Looks like my problem too.

Any ideas?

Rob
"robm" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The problem is that there oare many people looking for a solution to this
> problem and you can easily go round in circles.
>
> As I am doing!!!
>
> The really frustrating thing is that when connected all is fine!!
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > It depends on what you mean resets the adapter. For example, to reset TCP/IP
> > as following how to, you may create a batch file with this line: netsh int
> > ip reset.
> >
> > How to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on Vista1. netsh int ip reset. In
> > Windows XP and 2003, you can reset TCP/IP by using this command line: netsh
> > int ip reset resetlog.txt. For Windows Vista, you need ...
> > www.howtonetworking.com/vista/removetcpip.htm
> >

> > However, this is not good solution. It is beter to fix the problem.
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "robm" <robm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It seems many people have problems with Internet connections in Vista. I
> > > am
> > > one of them and have gone through all the discussions looking for a
> > > solution
> > > - nothing so far!!
> > >
> > > What seems to work is a script that automatically resets the adapter on
> > > start up.
> > >
> > > Can somebody send me such a script with simple instructions?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > > Rob

ssmorgan

Re: resetting network adapter

NIC requiring diagnosis and reset from the MS gui appears to be a wide
spread problem most specifically related to reboot after hibernate or
sleep. I use hibernate. I thought I had this problem licked, but then
after installing SP1 it has all of a sudden come back to haunt me again.
There is a patch for this out there for pre sp1 Vista, but it is not
applicable to SP1 systems. I did find a tool that claims to be able
reset the NIC but I have not tried it yet. A script or command line
would be preferable to the wait during diagnose/repair - reset tool. I
already know what needs to happen, tell me the magic words MS boys and
girls.

This is such a nusance, this bug really ought to be fixed (again?).
Will some MS Vista guru chime in here and tell us what is going on
please.

--
ssmorgan