PC to PC

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: PC to PC
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Wolverine in Michigan" <wolverineinmich@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uvo6fkx0IHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I can't link up my XP to my Vista Home Premium computer. All service
> packs installed. Each computer can see the other but I can't access the
> XP's shared folder. I am using cross over USB cable and have installed
> drivers for same.
>
> I get message trying to access my XP from my Vista pc - "folder is not
> accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource."
> "Not enough server storage to process this command"
>
> I have granted access on the XP to share this folder.
>
> Is there a simple, 1,2,3 step by step process to ensure that I have met
> all necessary criteria to make a pc to pc connection?
>
> Many thanks

Chuck [MVP]

Re: PC to PC
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:03:43 -0400, Wolverine in Michigan
<wolverineinmich@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't link up my XP to my Vista Home Premium computer. All service
>packs installed. Each computer can see the other but I can't access the
>XP's shared folder. I am using cross over USB cable and have installed
>drivers for same.
>
>I get message trying to access my XP from my Vista pc - "folder is not
>accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource."
> "Not enough server storage to process this command"
>
>I have granted access on the XP to share this folder.
>
>Is there a simple, 1,2,3 step by step process to ensure that I have met
>all necessary criteria to make a pc to pc connection?
>
>Many thanks

That's a registry setting, and it will take careful experimentation to get the
right setting. The change is simple enough though.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/06/server-functionality-affected-by.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...fected-by.html

--
Cheers,
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/
Mick Murphy

RE: PC to PC
Networking XP and Vista.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Wolverine in Michigan" wrote:

> I can't link up my XP to my Vista Home Premium computer. All service
> packs installed. Each computer can see the other but I can't access the
> XP's shared folder. I am using cross over USB cable and have installed
> drivers for same.
>
> I get message trying to access my XP from my Vista pc - "folder is not
> accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource."
> "Not enough server storage to process this command"
>
> I have granted access on the XP to share this folder.
>
> Is there a simple, 1,2,3 step by step process to ensure that I have met
> all necessary criteria to make a pc to pc connection?
>
> Many thanks

Hans-Georg Michna

Re: PC to PC
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:03:43 -0400, Wolverine in Michigan wrote:

>I am using cross over USB cable

Don't. Use an Ethernet crossover cable or an Ethernet switch or,
probably best, an Ethernet router that also provides an Internet
connection.

I'm not saying that USB wouldn't work, but it's most likely an
inferior way to go about things.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.