Remote Access on computer

cheries001

Remote Access on computer
I believe that someone has been on my computer and has allowed themselves
access from another computer. Being a complete zero on this computer, I am
allowing that I could also be wrong. Due to performance and some darn
strange things occuring, I would like to know how I can check and make sure
that a.) My network is secure, linksys router hooked up for multiple
computers. b.) That noone else can access my network or internet signal or
computers c.) See who is currently accessing the computer. Any help would be
appreciated.
smendiola74

RE: Remote Access on computer
If your wireless signal is encrypted run your anti virus and anti spyware
programs on all your PC's.
Check out this MS link:
https://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/optimize.mspx

It helps with PC performance issues.

If you have strange IP numbers and strange DNS numbers then this could also
be a problem. Hopefully others can add to this but check out the link also

Scott

"cheries001" wrote:

> I believe that someone has been on my computer and has allowed themselves
> access from another computer. Being a complete zero on this computer, I am
> allowing that I could also be wrong. Due to performance and some darn
> strange things occuring, I would like to know how I can check and make sure
> that a.) My network is secure, linksys router hooked up for multiple
> computers. b.) That noone else can access my network or internet signal or
> computers c.) See who is currently accessing the computer. Any help would be
> appreciated.

cheries001

RE: Remote Access on computer
I did run the spyware and anti virus on the computer, it picked up a lot of
viruses that were added the day that i believe the person also added a
program to know what i was doing on the computer and to do things to the
computer from a remote location. Is there a way to tell if I do have this
problem for sure?

"smendiola74" wrote:

> If your wireless signal is encrypted run your anti virus and anti spyware
> programs on all your PC's.
> Check out this MS link:
> https://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/optimize.mspx
>
> It helps with PC performance issues.
>
> If you have strange IP numbers and strange DNS numbers then this could also
> be a problem. Hopefully others can add to this but check out the link also
>
> Scott
>

> "cheries001" wrote:
>
> > I believe that someone has been on my computer and has allowed themselves
> > access from another computer. Being a complete zero on this computer, I am
> > allowing that I could also be wrong. Due to performance and some darn
> > strange things occuring, I would like to know how I can check and make sure
> > that a.) My network is secure, linksys router hooked up for multiple
> > computers. b.) That noone else can access my network or internet signal or
> > computers c.) See who is currently accessing the computer. Any help would be
> > appreciated.

Malke

cheries001 wrote:

> I did run the spyware and anti virus on the computer, it picked up a lot
> of viruses that were added the day that i believe the person also added a
> program to know what i was doing on the computer and to do things to the
> computer from a remote location. Is there a way to tell if I do have this
> problem for sure?

Since you say that you do not have a high level of computer skills, take the
machine to a local professional (or have one come on-site). Do not use
someone from a BigComputerStore type of place. There is no way someone with
little or no computer skills is going to be able to know that this machine
is uncompromised.

The alternative is to back up your data and return your computer to factory
condition (or do a clean install). Then learn how to properly secure your
machine so this doesn't happen again. Without knowing the particulars of
how this "someone" got onto your computer, I can't give you further
specifics but these links may help in general:

http://www.getsafeonline.org/
https://www.mysecurecyberspace.com/
http://www.getnetwise.org/
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm - The Parasite Fight
http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron.../05/82584.aspx - MVP
Harry Waldron - The Family PC - How to stay safe on the Internet

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers