XP SP3 now has support for Network Level Authentication

Sooner Al [MVP]

XP SP3 now has support for Network Level Authentication
Some of you may be interested to know that Windows XP SP3 not includes
support for Network Level Authentication [NLA]. From the Description of the
Remote Desktop Connection 6.1 client update for Terminal Services article
at...

"Network Level Authentication (NLA) is a new authentication method that
finishes user authentication before you establish a full Remote Desktop
connection and before the logon screen appears. Windows XP SP3 uses RDC 6.1
to support NLA. This feature improves the authentication method, and it can
help protect the remote computer from malicious users and malicious
software."

By default NLA is disabled in XP SP3. To enable NLA support see this
article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951608/

For NLA configuration of a Vista Remote Desktop [RDC] host computer and a
Vista or XP SP3 RDC client computer see this page.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...endations.html

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: XP SP3 now has support for Network Level Authentication CORRECTION
The first paragraph should read...

"...Windows XP SP3 now includes support for Network Level Authentication
[NLA]."

Sorry for the typo...